S3 shocks and springs - what are they worth?

jungleman

Reaction score
Hey guys
Am going to be changing to a set of coilovers on my S3 hopefully, but chances are I'm gonna have to sell the standard set up to help finance the switch.
Has anyone got a rough idea what the old set up is worth?
Any pointers would be great!
Paolo

Unless it fits other lower spec A3 and improves them, then the problem here is that I doubt there are many S3s with enough miles to have worn out the OEM suspension and require a full OEM replacement.
Maybe worth more to you change out later or offer as part of the sale when you next change the car?

Good luck

Paul

Paolo,

I second what Paul has just said to you,
A mistake I made when I sold my S3 was I had no time to take some of the mod's off as I was abroard when I sold the car which resulted as a loss to the value of selling the mods individualy for a good price as well as selling the car standard which will get a better price than for modified.

If you have the chance to keep the standard parts it is wise to do this as you will make far more later on by selling the modified parts without the car! or you can keep them for your next car if you upgrade within Audi!

Gaz m

Paolo,

I second what Paul has just said to you,
A mistake I made when I sold my S3 was I had no time to take some of the mod's off as I was abroard when I sold the car which resulted as a loss to the value of selling the mods individualy for a good price as well as selling the car standard which will get a better price than for modified.

If you have the chance to keep the standard parts it is wise to do this as you will make far more later on by selling the modified parts without the car! or you can keep them for your next car if you upgrade within Audi!

Gaz m

Defo.
That said, my BBS CHs are staying on the car as they only stand me £200 after I sold the OEMS and I reckon they will make the car more desirable.
After swapping tyres around etc, I would have only been £150 or so better off, hardly worth it really.

However if I had paid a lot for the rims (as new) I would have probably kept the OEMs and put up with them lying around for months.

RNSE is also staying in as its another big selling point on these cars and Im guessing is worth more in the car than sold on its own for £350 ish.

Ive kept the EOM springs though, and am prepared to swap out the H&Rs if a prospective buyer wishes. More to accomodate preference than recover the cost of used H&R springs.

Higher value bolt ons such as Coilovers kist, exhausts, intakes do seem to be worth more `off` the car and seem to scare off Joe average punter.

Cheers
Paul

Agreed with the above. Unless the mod is wired into the car (something like if I add OEM parking sensors) it's being taken off and sold when I come to sell.

If compatible with the 8P1 2.0 tdi 3 door then I may be interested in the OEM S3 shocks/springs

how would i find out what other cars its compatible with?

They'll fit A3 8P Quattro vehicles but as said for what you'd get for them it would be best to keep them to put the car back to standard when you want to sell.

Damian @ DPM Performance

the thing is im gonna be keeping the car for the next 4-5 years at least and finding somewhere to store that stuff for that amount of time is going to be a bit of a pain!

Ahh right,

No need to keep them then! I would suggest they will work with any model that has a similar weight engine so 2l tfsi and 3.2 any small engined A3 will be no good as the front set will be far too stiff so the car will bounce over bumps.

I would suggest the S3 set up is a lot better than any A3 running the Sline suspension set up as it is a lot smoother and no where near as harsh a ride!
I have no Idea what to price them at as I would maybe suggest 50% of what you pay to replace them?

Gaz m

na really no reason to keep them!
well as dpm said any 8P quattro, am pretty sure they are higher grade springs and shocks then on any of the other standard A3's so would be pretty sure they would improve the ride, especially as you said over the Sline
well i was thinking of like 250ish but i dunno if thats right or not lol

na really no reason to keep them!
well as dpm said any 8P quattro, am pretty sure they are higher grade springs and shocks then on any of the other standard A3's so would be pretty sure they would improve the ride, especially as you said over the Sline
well i was thinking of like 250ish but i dunno if thats right or not lol

Would have thought £250 was reasonable.
Used H&R springs alone change hands for £100

Quite a few people have advised keeping all of the bits,and I'd do the same.I have quite a collection of bits in my garage now,and if I do sell the car,unless someone wants it as is,then all the non-OEM bits will be removed.

thats fair enough, but as i said i will be keeping the car for a few years yet and i dont have a garage or garden or shed, so storing bulky parts like that isnt really an option

They'll fit A3 8P Quattro vehicles but as said for what you'd get for them it would be best to keep them to put the car back to standard when you want to sell.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Is there no chance these will fit my 2.0 tdi 3 door then?

It's not a quattro!

Last edited: