Facelift S3 Sportback order

FBF01

Reaction score
I've been floating about for some time now, but the times finally come to look in to placing an order. Popping in tomorrow to speak to a salesman to discuss finances for an S3 S.B for March delivery.

Golf 7R owner, and as much as I love the car, there are far too many on the road and the value of these things have fallen like a stone which has lumbered me in negative equity the whole term. I can see me still being 2k in the hole come the end of the term, March, which is ridiculous given my 2,750 deposit and what I thought was a good deal at the time. I've owned it since new for just over 2.5 years and it hasn't missed a beat, so will be sad to see it go...kind of.

Ideally looking to order the following...

Mythos black S3 Sportback
Black edition
19" V spoke alloys
Mag ride
Super sport seats
Black roof rails
Body coloured mirrors
Pano roof
Extended interior upholstery
Folding mirrors
Hill hold
Audi parking system plus
Red break calipers

42,370 ROTR

What sort of discount should I be aiming for?

Ideally looking to take it on pcp for 3/3.5 years and 10k miles per annum, circa 500/520 a month with a deposit of 3/3,500 ideally . Is this realistic or will I have to drop some options to get to my ideal monthly figure?

Thanks.
F

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Should be aiming for around 10/12% discount. Looking at the figures on the Audi finance calculator with your spec and a 12% discount, you should be able to achieve £500 per month over a 36month term at 10k miles with £3k deposit.

Sure you know, but since your car is over £40k, under the new VED bands it it will be £500 in the first year, then £450 for the next 5 years.

Seems to be a lot of money to not get the virtual cockpit though...?

Also, rather than pay the negative equity to get out the R, would it not be better to keep the car for the duration of the agreement and then just hand it back and let VW finance take the hit?

(EDIT - oh sorry think I mis-read, is this what you're doing?)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and FBF01
11% is a good discount. Spec your car up on Carwow and you should see a good 11% discount offer from a dealer.

Reactions: FBF01
Shop around
I got monthly's of £480 with zero deposit over 4years
So if your putting 3k down you should easily achieve payments of around £400

That's on a decently specced car...

Should be aiming for around 10/12% discount. Looking at the figures on the Audi finance calculator with your spec and a 12% discount, you should be able to achieve £500 per month over a 36month term at 10k miles with £3k deposit.

Sure you know, but since your car is over £40k, under the new VED bands it it will be £500 in the first year, then £450 for the next 5 years.

Seems to be a lot of money to not get the virtual cockpit though...?

Also, rather than pay the negative equity to get out the R, would it not be better to keep the car for the duration of the agreement and then just hand it back and let VW finance take the hit?

(EDIT - oh sorry think I mis-read, is this what you're doing?)

Thanks for doing the sums, sounds like it could be perfect! The chap uttered 8% discount when I was in a few months ago, so hopefully he can better this given there are a few options on there!

Was thinking about the virtual cockpit, but you can't spec this without the tech pack, which is a rather hefty option at £1,395 :(

Was trying to get under £40,000, but there's no other car I can see at the moment that interests me, so I thought I may as well spec it how I would really want it. Made the mistake with the R having not ticked certain boxes on the spec sheet, and it's annoyed me since! I'd maybe look to drop the extended interior upholstery and maybe red calipers but that's about it ...

11% is a good discount. Spec your car up on Carwow and you should see a good 11% discount offer from a dealer.

11% would be perfect!

I looked at a Golf R 7.5, but my fiancé said is regret it, and there were offers at 12 and even 13%! Well aware won't achieve such discounts, but the better GFV would surely make a difference to the payments. Maybe best I'm armed with some examples of discount from orange wheels/coast to coast before I go in

I've been floating about for some time now, but the times finally come to look in to placing an order. Popping in tomorrow to speak to a salesman to discuss finances for an S3 S.B for March delivery.

Golf 7R owner, and as much as I love the car, there are far too many on the road and the value of these things have fallen like a stone which has lumbered me in negative equity the whole term. I can see me still being 2k in the hole come the end of the term, March, which is ridiculous given my 2,750 deposit and what I thought was a good deal at the time. I've owned it since new for just over 2.5 years and it hasn't missed a beat, so will be sad to see it go...kind of.

Black edition
19" V spoke alloys
Mag ride
Super sport seats
Black roof rails
Body coloured mirrors
Pano roof
Folding mirrors
Hill hold
Audi parking system plus
Red break calipers

42,370 ROTR

Ideally looking to take it on pcp for 3/3.5 years and 10k miles per annum, circa 500/520 a month with a deposit of 3/3,500 ideally . Is this realistic or will I have to drop some options to get to my ideal monthly figure?

Thanks.
F

Do you know you can get a RS3 for £42k brand new.

Black edition
19" V spoke alloys
Mag ride
Super sport seats
Black roof rails
Body coloured mirrors
Pano roof
Folding mirrors
Hill hold
Audi parking system plus
Red break calipers

42,370 ROTR

Thanks.
F

12% you'll be doing good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember too that in the uk, if you're 50% through a finance deal, you can hand the car back with no penalty.
You should be able to get discounts along the lines of what the other guys have mentioned above no bother.
VC is a marmite thing but I love it. We have it on the wifes TT and my S3. It's the "customisability" that's great.
Let us know how it goes mate.

Reactions: Tom.H
Do you know you can get a RS3 for £42k brand new.

He's added around £5k in options on the S3, you'd easily do that on the RS3 too but get little to no discount so the S3 will still be a good amount cheaper, with a decent discount on the S3 probably around £9k cheaper.

Remember too that in the uk, if you're 50% through a finance deal, you can hand the car back with no penalty.
You should be able to get discounts along the lines of what the other guys have mentioned above no bother.
VC is a marmite thing but I love it. We have it on the wifes TT and my S3. It's the "customisability" that's great.
Let us know how it goes mate.

Had looked in to that, but I haven't, or I would have ditched it a while ago :( Think it's because at the time I thought it was a good deal...clearly it wasn't when you compared it against the deals of others on the VWROC forum. Ah well.

Yeh, would like the VC, but you then have to add the tech pack of which in all honesty is of no interest to me and eye wateringly expensive

Hi mate on closer examination of your options l would ditch the red calipers= waste of money, black roof rails= pointless on a black car, hill hold =every bit of money saving helps

As for getting the best discount l think you'll need to travel further a field from Scotland unless your lucky like @Rolly12

He's added around £5k in options on the S3, you'd easily do that on the RS3 too but get little to no discount so the S3 will still be a good amount cheaper, with a decent discount on the S3 probably around £9k cheaper.

Yep i know that but 400BHP 8pot 370mm brakes, Audi Virtual Cockpit, MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch, Audi Parking System Plus ,Cruise control, which are all standard. different league the RS3 is in... To be fair only extra i would get is the wider front wheels and rear camera on RS 3, I have a S3 on lease bog standard its fine.

You 100% sure on that mate? I have black and as much as I love it, it's probably the main...no it is the main reason that I looked to change so soon! It's a nightmare to keep clean and it shows every single spec of dust, chip, scratch, swirl bla bla bla. Have you seen Daytona?

The guys on here say it's easy to look after and sparkles in the sun! I think it looks great on the sportback.

media

media

Reactions: BarryG79 and Jassyo06
Yep i know that but 400BHP 8pot 370mm brakes, Audi Virtual Cockpit, MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch, Audi Parking System Plus ,Cruise control, which are all standard. different league the RS3 is in... To be fair only extra i would get is the wider front wheels and rear camera on RS 3, I have a S3 on lease bog standard its fine.

Wider /upgrade alloys double the road tax, l was only quoted £2k discount although after adding options it was £2500 discount but it didn't subtract the other £500???? , also the standard alloys on a RS3 look awful and cheap so your caught between a rock and a hard place , you still need to add between £4000 to £5000 to make the RS3 look like something remotely special

You 100% sure on that mate? I have black and as much as I love it, it's probably the main...no it is the main reason that I looked to change so soon! It's a nightmare to keep clean and it shows every single spec of dust, chip, scratch, swirl bla bla bla. Have you seen Daytona?

The guys on here say it's easy to look after and sparkles in the sun! I think it looks great on the sportback.

media

media
I second that Daytona rocks

Wider /upgrade alloys double the road tax, l was only quoted £2k discount although after adding options it was £2500 discount but it didn't subtract the other £500???? , also the standard alloys on a RS3 look awful and cheap so your caught between a rock and a hard place , you still need to add between £4000 to £5000 to make the RS3 look like something remotely special

Each to there own mate, the special bit is under the hood... :hubbahubba:

Hi mate on closer examination of your options l would ditch the red calipers= waste of money, black roof rails= pointless on a black car, hill hold =every bit of money saving helps

As for getting the best discount l think you'll need to travel further a field from Scotland unless your lucky like @Rolly12

I will wait and see how today goes, and the quote back front Edinburgh Audi tomorrow, and if can obtain a sizeable discount south of the border, then I'll more than likely do it if it makes for cheaper monthlys.

Have hill hold on the R and I love it and I thought the roof rails looked pretty good on the black. Trying to get slightly different on looks dept, as everyone one I see around my part is standard wheels or black edition and standard wheels again etc. Just hoping they have something similar I can cast my eye over when there.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I will wait and see how today goes, and the quote back front Edinburgh Audi tomorrow, and if can obtain a sizeable discount south of the border, then I'll more than likely do it if it makes for cheaper monthlys.

Have hill hold on the R and I love it and I thought the roof rails looked pretty good on the black. Trying to get slightly different on looks dept, as everyone one I see around my part is standard wheels or black edition and standard wheels again etc. Just hoping they have something similar I can cast my eye over when there.

Could give Aberdeen Audi a try mate?

media

media

I had a black mk7 GTD before I chopped it in for an R, and it was a nightmare, agree with you there. I just think black looks that bit more aggressive, and with the red calipers, looks spot on.

My brother had a Daytona A3 at the moment and the fiancé a Q3 Black edition in Daytona, so looking for something different. I'd have gone racing ideally, but I'd maybe have to shave things of my preferred spec

Could give Aberdeen Audi a try mate?

Will do, thanks.

Just hope this guy plays ball today. He's a good friend of my brother and my old man, who's been dealing with him for years. He offered a great deal on the finances car, so hoping he does the same on an S3

I was at £50,550 and that was choosing Nardo as opposed to going Ara again. That was being fairly conservative with the options too!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Each to there own mate, the special bit is under the hood... :hubbahubba:

Yeah l know l have driven several mate and the new ttrs ****** awesomely fast but you need to be loaded or have the ability not too worry over paying a huge monthly debt for 3 years at least

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Big Matt and Tom.H
Nardo *** don't start me on Nardo..... Lol

Haha I don't mind it, didn't make a huge difference to the price anyway! I just couldn't justify paying that much a month. Would need a big deposit to get them to a reasonable amount for me.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rolly12
Haha I don't mind it, didn't make a huge difference to the price anyway! I just couldn't justify paying that much a month. Would need a big deposit to get them to a reasonable amount for me.

Mate I am dreading having almost £10000 stripped from my pockets in a matter of weeks because l will be ****** skint doing so hence l ain't taking the car til the 21st of October should land here in 3weeks.........downside of paying a big deposit

Mate I am dreading having almost £10000 stripped from my pockets in a matter of weeks because l will be ****** skint doing so hence l ain't taking the car til the 21st of October should land here in 3weeks.........

I bet! The £5k I put in was from the R32 so it was kind of money I hadn't had, probably sweetened it a bit that I wasn't dropping £5k out of my own account.

So to keep the car under the 40k barrier, I've had to sacrifice the pano roof. So with 2,000 down and 4 years comes in at 445 a month which isn't bad. I'd be more than likely keeping it for 3 years anyway, so hope to px it just after then.

Went for a test drive in the saloon, love the noise of the car in sports on the upshift and the noise of the over run in manual

Reactions: BarryG79 and Jassyo06
Drive the deal are offering 14-15% off the s3 at the moment, better than the 11% carwow were offering me

Reactions: Rolly12
Yeh, would like the VC, but you then have to add the tech pack of which in all honesty is of no interest to me and eye wateringly expensive

Hi mate on closer examination of your options l would ditch the red calipers= waste of money, black roof rails= pointless on a black car

VC is a must have as is so cool, despite the cost and is the one option that will help resale in the coming years

Reactions: Tom.H and Jassyo06
So to keep the car under the 40k barrier, I've had to sacrifice the pano roof. So with 2,000 down and 4 years comes in at 445 a month which isn't bad. I'd be more than likely keeping it for 3 years anyway, so hope to px it just after then.

Went for a test drive in the saloon, love the noise of the car in sports on the upshift and the noise of the over run in manual

Being 54 mate and knowing what l know.....l have gone right over the options VED meter....Why....your only on this planet once,l love my Pano-Roof, best thing about my car and the enjoyment and pride l get from it is worth it.....but we have all different priorities in life

Reactions: Djs3saloon, MattSedg, Rolly12 and 1 other person
Being 54 mate and knowing what l know.....l have gone right over the options VED meter....Why....your only on this planet once,l love my Pano-Roof, best thing about my car and the enjoyment and pride l get from it is worth it.....but we have all different priorities in life

As much as I was hoping mine would turn up before April, I guess one way to look at the higher VED is that it's once a year. If you're happy to pay £400 p/m for the car then what's £450 once a year, especially if it's the car you want.

Reactions: Rolly12 and Jassyo06
As much as I was hoping mine would turn up before April, I guess one way to look at the higher VED is that it's once a year. If you're happy to pay £400 p/m for the car then what's £450 once a year, especially if it's the car you want.

Sorted then........lol

I was thinking of going over 40k, but it would only really be for the pano roof and keyless...so can do without them. It's a pretty nicely specced S3 anyway...but it's not been ordered yet. Can play about with the spec, of which he would need to be confirmed by October.

Black edition
19" V spoke alloys
Mag ride
Super sport seats
Black roof rails
Body coloured mirrors
Folding mirrors
Hill hold
Audi parking system plus

Reactions: TDI-line
Out of interest, I obtained a quote for an S5 coupe...same 4 year deal, 10k miles per annum. Admittedly 3k down not 2, but 480 a month over an s3 Sportback at 450. What would you have? The S5 is coming in at a whopping 16% discount!

Out of interest, I obtained a quote for an S5 coupe...same 4 year deal, 10k miles per annum. Admittedly 3k down not 2, but 480 a month over an s3 Sportback at 450. What would you have? The S5 is coming in at a whopping 16% discount!

If you like it's size it's a no brainer mate can't criticise at all, looks awesome in navarra blue