S3 sportback pan roof wind deflector....

Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced theirs? Just noticed a little tear in the fabric on mine! :blush:

Can't seem to find the right part!? Am I being a thicky? :shrug:

Crazy... Exactly the same has happened to me today. I’ve been looking but can’t find anything., may have to call Audi tomorrow. Any help appreciated!

Reactions: Nick Moorhouse
I found this but I think it’s just the frame and not the frantic part. Expensive as well
D0B30525 5E11 4D72 936A 19E39606491F

I presume it’s the same part in saloon, sportback and hatch.

I've spoken to my local Audi stealership and they told me they would have to order it in. A few pence shy of £149.00 :huh::hopelessness: Nor would they give me the part number. Company policy he said!!

It's got to be the same part for the 3 door, Sportback and Saloon surely!? And RS3 by the looks of it.

Have a look at this....Purely for part numbers and reference. I've also messaged creweaudiparts on here.....

20190525 082209
20190525 082234

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190525-081439_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190525-081439_eBay.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
I've spoken to my local Audi stealership and they told me they would have to order it in. A few pence shy of £149.00 :huh::hopelessness: Nor would they give me the part number. Company policy he said!!

It's got to be the same part for the 3 door, Sportback and Saloon surely!? And RS3 by the looks of it.

Have a look at this....Purely for part numbers and reference. I've also messaged creweaudiparts on here.....

View attachment 183219 View attachment 183220
Dab a blob of clear nail varnish either end to stop it getting bigger! or stitch it together with some fishing line.

Out of interest is the full part easy to get off, or do you have to take the entire thing apart?

Dab a blob of clear nail varnish either end to stop it getting bigger! or stitch it together with some fishing line.

Out of interest is the full part easy to get off, or do you have to take the entire thing apart?

That's not a bad idea.....I was thinking I could maybe repair it with some black wonder web or some clear textile glue :blush: Or even patching it with a piece from some black tights.....

Not sure.....I've watched a video of one being removed on a Merc and it just seems to unclip....However I haven't been able to find a Audi version....

That's not a bad idea.....I was thinking I could maybe repair it with some black wonder web or some clear textile glue :blush: Or even patching it with a piece from some black tights.....

Not sure.....I've watched a video of one being removed on a Merc and it just seems to unclip....However I haven't been able to find a Audi version....
A repair may work and if it doesn't!!! You have nothing to lose.

In work we have an extremely sticky fabric tape which looks just like the mesh on your roof, unfortunately it's bright green lol....they must do it in black though! Maybe look for something like black fiberglass mesh tape...Gorilla Tape etc. I wouldn't jump into £149 just for that small rip.

Or if you can get the part off and strip all the mesh off, replace it with something like this: https://www.sure-green.com/soffit-v...fE7U94jGSKofdGR5671JzB280aAshzEALw_wcB#158=62

Edit* Couple of other things you could use lhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-...169248&hash=item1a2982dd5b:g:Q~gAAOSwu1VW2pVU

https://www.toolstation.com/fiberfix-repair-wrap/p39651

Last edited:
I’m hoping just the fabric part can be replaced. I had a quick look this morning, it looks like it comes away from the frame quite easily.

Done a quick repair. Looks a crap but this will stop it ripping any further.

IMG 20190525 124622

I know it's £150 plus fitting but I am a bit OCD about these things..... I can't leave it ripped or patched.... It'll drive me nuts.... :blink:

Reactions: S32B
Done a quick repair. Looks a **** but this will stop it ripping any further.

View attachment 183227

I know it's £150 plus fitting but I am a bit OCD about these things..... I can't leave it ripped or patched.... It'll drive me nuts.... :blink:
Just wondering if a car seat repair company could do it for you! It's all fabric after all.