S3 stage one power gains ?? Your gains ?

Keane

Reaction score
As above what power gains are you looking too see with a stage one custom map ?

Had a search but can't seam too find anything.

Cheers

I went to Shark HQ, Ben uploaded their generic Stage 1 map then tweaked it to suit my car (has a P-Flo fitted as well).
Final figures - 314hp and 466Nm. And is a bit of a beast.

Impressive torque ! Think it would be worth me getting an intake then?

stage one without anything else is it 310bhp 420nm usually?

Just stage 1 R Tech remap running V Power produced 309bhp and 359ft lb (488nm) on my 2012 S3.

Eh, 466/488nm (347/360 ft/lb) from a stage 1 map lol

If APR can only extract 337 ft/lb with a HPFP, I'm sorry but someone's on the wind up or tweaking those results.

Fraid not Muzza, and Ben's dyno is well-known to be one of the most accurate ones running.

EDIT: Apologies, 311.2hp.

I have the same map and essentially the same intake, nobody can "tweak" an extra 60 ft/lb out of a map and it's widely accepted that the stock HPFP cannot flow enough fuel to make that sort of torque anyway, did you not question it??

I'll tell you what, take it to another rolling road and make the same numbers again, then i'll be really impressed :)

Last edited:
I have the same map and essentially the same intake, nobody can "tweak" an extra 60 ft/lb out of a map and it's widely accepted that the stock HPFP cannot flow enough fuel to make that sort of torque anyway, did you not question it??

I'll tell you what, take it to another rolling road and make the same numbers again, then i'll be really impressed :)

Better still Murray, if you've already got a Shark map give Ben a call and see what he can do for you! 😉

Reactions: TomH93
2010 S3 Sportback DSG (in Singapore)

Mods - APR Stage 1 RON95 map
APR Stage 1 advertised RON95 figures are 313hp & 314lbft.

Dynojet 4 Wheel Dyno 20/6/11

Car dynoed at 255hp and 336Nm (248lbft) at the wheels.

Using the shop suggested transmission losses of 21%, I got 308hp & 407Nm (300lbft).
Using Wheel Horsepower to Crankshaft Horsepower Guestimator , I get 323hp and 422Nm (315lbft).

Dynojet 4 Wheel Dyno 20/6/12

Mods - Carbonio type intake

Car dynoed at 259hp and 359Nm (265lbft).

Using 21% transmission loss, I get 313hp & 435Nm (321lbft).
Using Wheel Horsepower to Crankshaft Horsepower Guestimator , I get 328hp and 450Nm (335lbft).

The car is unchanged between dyno runs except for the intake and coincidentally both runs were done on the same day at about the same time but a year apart...freaky! And runs were done at the same shop using the same dyno.

Revo Stage 1 on an S3 8P3 got me 308bhp

Reactions: Keane
My car managed 296 Ftlbs stock on a dyno dynamics dyno.. but that was only peak on the day, with a stage 1 remap id probably peak at around 310 ftlbs but hold more torque across the rev band :)

Nice ! Looking over the 300 mark for sure then how's peoples clutches holding up ?

Some very impressive figures for stage one in here. Don't know what mines pushing out, probably about 300/300. All I know is it drives fantastically and pulls hard.

You'll get different results on different dyno's thats a guarantee, it doesn't really matter what map it is, it won't get the same results on different dyno's. My old Evo (with the same mods) was 30 bhp and 50 lb/ft down on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, it was tested on three different rolling roads.

It's a while back now but mine was pretty conservative on the figures,and produced around 310bhp and 310ish lbs on Stg1.

The funny thing back then was that it just about made stock power figures before being remapped,so it wasn't exactly one of the overperforming models.

The good thing in a sense was knowing that the figures from the RR were pretty much correct(within the usual percentages for temperature etc etc),and each time it's been back,the gains have felt right compared to the actual figures.