S3 Standard seat question

Shao_khan

Reaction score
Website
www.woofdoggy.com
I noticed that the driver seat when you tilt it for rear access - whenyou close the seat it slides back to the same position it was prior to tilt. My Passenger seat doesnt do this, it just slides back and forwards and doesnt 'remember' the original position. Should the passenger one do this or is it broke? That clear?

My drivers seat does the same but the passenger seat won't slide when you lift the tilt handle. Should it?

Same here. Drivers seat slides back into original postion, while passenger seat only slides forward and then stays there. I need to manually move it back again.

Are we talking about the normal seats? Not buckets? I have found that I have to push down on the seat before it can be slid back and then reclined into it's original position.

I think only the drivers seat has memory so should return to original position. My passenger seat was fixed under warranty as it also wasn't tiliting for the easy entry function - it was a simple fix and a common fault apparently. Funny thing is nobody has ever been in the back before or since the repair but I hate faults, bit of a perfectionist, I only noticed when vaccing the car.

Spin

I'm not with my car right now (trying to save a few miles before I sell it) so I can't check but I've never noticed it not going back to the same position. And I'm a stickler for making sure passengers get in the back on the passenger side as it's my car.

Edit: unless my passenger seat is always in that same position so I wouldn't notice anyway!

Just to confirm we're singing on the same song sheet:

Lift the handle, push the seat forwards, it locks and then the seat can be slid forwards. On the return you slide it back, then you pull it back but it goes into a neutral position not the previous one. That right?

Hey guys,

I think you´re all wrong.
The passenger seat is supposed to have memory function.
But.. you´re in the U.K and you´re all driving from the passenger seat :)
Guess that the germans didn´t bother to change this feature for you.

Staz - yeah thats it - TBH I thought when we got the car the passenger seat did the same as the drivers seat, but as I am not a passenger much I wasnt sure.

But now Stockholm has me thinking......

Shao_khan said:
But now Stockholm has me thinking......

Don't listen to him! The last person I saw on TV from Stockholm was an old dude with a huge beard who had 3 wives (one was in her late 20s and gorgeous!) who would serve him. Then when he wanted they'd bend over for a good spanking session!

Actually scrub that, obviously these Nordics know some things we don't.

I just check my S3, and solution is found.
my driver seat can remember the original position, but passenger seat can't. when i try to check it and sit in the back seat, I found the outter rail of passenger seat has an blocker there, but in the back end of rail. I raise it a little and move it forward. Than the passenger seat can "remember" now.:icon_thumright:

maybe they forgot to "RESET" this blocker .:hubbahubba:

I think all 3 door A3s have this feature on BOTH seats. My previous A3 did and my current S3 does. On both passenger and driver.

Mine both work.

Got to really make sure though after lifting the handle ontop of the seat that the seat backrest is pushed fully forward before sliding the seat forward as it is this part that activates the memory function.

If the seat is slid forward without doing this or the backrest not pushed fully forward before sliding then the seat wont return to the original position.

Yeah Jam is right, that's what I was trying to say. If you don't push it forward fully before sliding it'll stay forward, but as I said you can push it forward/down so it clicks into place then it'll slide back properly.

But Shao_khan (wins) says he does it properly and it just comes back to a set position.

I'll check the rails, but if mine is pushed forward and locked into position, it just slides about on the rails - in fact if you are on a hill and dont hold the seat it slides back and crushes the children trying to escape from the rear!!!!