S3 TAILPIPES

S3-Chris

If its not broke....break it!!
Reaction score
i have a standard backbox on the my s3, and the tailpipes are well sooted up.

is it the dealers for new ones? or anywhere else? anyone know how much these are?

wire wool and some metal polish should bring them up Chris

yep did that with mine as they were very black, and they come up brand new :)

unfortunately it takes ages and a lot of hard work with wire wool and autosol..... i have done this and then ended up usinga dremel or similar alongside a normal cordless drill with the softess wire bit and polishing bit....this with autosol is the fastest and best method i have found by far

its too cold for that carry on!! LOL
how much are new ones?

dont think u can replace the tailpipes on their own - you would have to get a new backbox which seems a waste of money when you could just spend a few hours cleaning them.

Flat them smooth and give them a coat of satin black paint....saw it done on a car the other week and it looked awesome :)

autoglym metal polish also works, i even used some wonder wheels to begin with to get through the thick of it.

thing is it depends how clean you want them..... wirewool and autosol will take literally ages to do the nbormal bits, then there is the curved area that scrolls into the exhaust..... a drill grinding stone (for the inside), range of wirewool bits and polishing bits with autosol is the future ;)