S3 to RS3

jerseypaul

Reaction score
Hi gang.
looks like I will be the owner of a Daytona grey RS3 next month.
I currently have an S3 SB so will be a familiar place to be.
I owned an RS2 for 12 years before the S3 so the RS3 will be a great hybrid of the two vehicles.
Its built and sitting in Belgium so 2 to 3 weeks away.
Cant wait.

Reactions: Sandra
Nice upgrade, im sure you cant wait. Post some pics up when you take delivery.

Im going the same way but i have to wait to end of July got a build week of 24 so the wait is on

Hi gang.
its arrived. It's being PDI'd tomorrow for Friday night pickup if I can sort the paperwork.
Sunny weekend coming up to get acquainted to the new I5T.
superb, it doesn't get any better.
pics up soon.

Lucky boy! Made up for you!! Good things come to those who wait as they say... It's just such a lonnnnnnnnnnnng wait..

I've never owned a car with more than 4 cylinders. When I filled up with V-Power at £1.50/litre this morning I had a split second thought that maybe I should can any dreams of anything thirstier, but then you only live once.

Have a fantastic weekend in it!

I've never owned a car with more than 4 cylinders. When I filled up with V-Power at £1.50/litre this morning I had a split second thought that maybe I should can any dreams of anything thirstier, but then you only live once.

Have a fantastic weekend in it!

Best of luck with the new car mate, you'll love it.. Just ignore the rattles and squeaks and you'll be fine ;)

The 2.5 is less thirstier than the 2.0 Warren, I achieved 31mpg at the weekend, where as Jen's S3 achieved 26....

B

Cheers guys.
i know the fuel price is getting a factor but think about it.
Its about the same price as milk - in jersey anyway.
am I going to stop eating cornflakes or drinking tea? No way.
we all work hard to do the other stuff we enjoy.
work to live
dont live to work

Hi guys.
just been to see the car while being prepped.
in the flesh Daytona is stunning.
soooooo pleased with the colour.
will get some pics up soon.

Hi shady.
Based in jersey I take it?
****** scratch cards they are a joke.

Where do you drive it in Jersey ? I have a friend who lives over there up by the zoo. He lent me a car whilst i was there... Hmm, the only straight i could find was a place called mile long something or other by the beach ? I remember someone telling me his mechanic gives some of his clients' turbo'd cars a workout each year along this strip to get them spinning during the annual service!

Do you not get frustrated with the lack of tarmac or am i missing something?

Where do you drive it in Jersey ? I have a friend who lives over there up by the zoo. He lent me a car whilst i was there... Hmm, the only straight i could find was a place called mile long something or other by the beach ? I remember someone telling me his mechanic gives some of his clients' turbo'd cars a workout each year along this strip to get them spinning during the annual service!

Do you not get frustrated with the lack of tarmac or am i missing something?

Hi mate.
you must be talking about the five mile road in St Ouen bay.
I am not bothered about Vmax power runs and exploring the limits of performance.
i owned an RS2 for over ten years and didn't feel the need to test its 176 mph limit.
i drive in France ( now there are proper roads, mostly empty no road works no jams ) a couple of times a year as well as the uk.
To me it's how you get there not just how quick you get there.
i know what you mean, who needs a car with this performance - no body needs it.
but who wants a car with that performance - everybody.
I'll get opportunities to boot it don't worry.

Hi mate.
you must be talking about the five mile road in St Ouen bay.
I am not bothered about Vmax power runs and exploring the limits of performance.
i owned an RS2 for over ten years and didn't feel the need to test its 176 mph limit.
i drive in France ( now there are proper roads, mostly empty no road works no jams ) a couple of times a year as well as the uk.
To me it's how you get there not just how quick you get there.
i know what you mean, who needs a car with this performance - no body needs it.
but who wants a car with that performance - everybody.
I'll get opportunities to boot it don't worry.

I'll be testing those French autoroutes in less than a month. On a quiet day with good visibility, great road surfaces and far better lane disciplines it's far safer to enjoy your car there!

^^ 5 mile bay is the one.. I did think after posting, ''if i was him, i would jump over to France..'' drive through the Alps etc. I used to live in central Europe for a while and loved the huge continental road trips from CZ to Germany, down through Austria to Italy etc.. I even drove the twisty stages above Monte Carlo that were used in the rally which is breath taking, not least because of the drops !! Anyway, RS2 is a lovely car.. lovely... I think the Quattro and the RS2 where the two cars that made me love Audi..

Well guys here she is.
As suspected the motor is epic.
the sound with the sport button on is classic Quattro.
just phoneics for now, more later
0bd5ec15.jpg

b545e9b7.jpg

Reactions: warren_S5 and CHEZ
Well guys here she is.
As suspected the motor is epic.
the sound with the sport button on is classic Quattro.
just phoneics for now, more later
Absolutely love it mate :wub:.. Been a while since I been to the channel islands... Are your numberplates similar to guernsey? Are you allowed the black and silver plates? Cos that would look awesome..

Absolutely love it mate :wub:.. Been a while since I been to the channel islands... Are your numberplates similar to guernsey? Are you allowed the black and silver plates? Cos that would look awesome..
only Guernsey have black plates with silver lettering, and yes they are cool.
i have cut down ones on my private plates.
if you notice I asked them to remove the plastic reg plate holder off the front as it would have had plastic sticking out of the side of the plate.
its just fixed direct to the grille which looks neater to me.
get some proper pics up soon.

Engine bay pic is making me itch already! Needs black caps for washer and coolant reservoirs, and carbon coil, oil and inlet covers.. And of course an intake (when it's finally available).. Sorry just my OCD

Gotta love those brakes.. And the hubs are a nice looking change from the normal ones:icon_thumright:

I know it might be a bit early yet mate, but how would you compare it in terms of performance to the rs2? How are the brakes/acceleration in particular?

Engine bay pic is making me itch already! Needs black caps for washer and coolant reservoirs, and carbon coil, oil and inlet covers.. And of course an intake (when it's finally available).. Sorry just my OCD

Gotta love those brakes.. And the hubs are a nice looking change from the normal ones:icon_thumright:

I know it might be a bit early yet mate, but how would you compare it in terms of performance to the rs2? How are the brakes/acceleration in particular?

The detailing on the floating brake rotors is really nice.
There are actually loads of small details to the external styling different to the S3.
compared to the RS2? The main thing with the RS2 is the weight it was 1800 + kilos I think, compared to 1500 rs3.
the turbo lag on the rs2 was legendary although this did allow you drive it in and out of the boost easily .
there is virtually no lag with the rs3. Variable geometry turbo, variable valve timing etc mean it pulls from idle right to the red line.
the suspension damping is really nicely set up. Not as rock solid as the rs2. I would describe it as firm with supple damping.
The gearing on the steering seems tuned too. Defo more direct quicker turn in than the S3.
loving it so far. Will get the proper camera out over the weekend.
thanks for all the comments.

Nice one, all the little details that make it so special, very nice.

The detailing on the floating brake rotors is really nice.
There are actually loads of small details to the external styling different to the S3.
compared to the RS2? The main thing with the RS2 is the weight it was 1800 + kilos I think, compared to 1500 rs3.
the turbo lag on the rs2 was legendary although this did allow you drive it in and out of the boost easily .
there is virtually no lag with the rs3. Variable geometry turbo, variable valve timing etc mean it pulls from idle right to the red line.
the suspension damping is really nicely set up. Not as rock solid as the rs2. I would describe it as firm with supple damping.
The gearing on the steering seems tuned too. Defo more direct quicker turn in than the S3.
loving it so far. Will get the proper camera out over the weekend.
thanks for all the comments.
Lol.. That part of the disc has a name?! I'm glad you knew what I meant anyway:blush:

Did you ever launch you're rs2.. Because my mate did his a couple of times and it was quite breathtaking, felt very raw.. Almost like it was trying to wheelie.. I know they're very similar on paper, and I'm guessing with the S--tronic it will probably feel smoother? But does it have that same sort of pull on launch would you say?
just trying to keep myself going through the long months of waiting:sadlike:

Lol.. That part of the disc has a name?! I'm glad you knew what I meant anyway:blush:

Did you ever launch you're rs2.. Because my mate did his a couple of times and it was quite breathtaking, felt very raw.. Almost like it was trying to wheelie.. I know they're very similar on paper, and I'm guessing with the S--tronic it will probably feel smoother? But does it have that same sort of pull on launch would you say?
just trying to keep myself going through the long months of waiting:sadlike:

To be honest I know the rs3 will outperform the rs2 in most areas apart from rarity.
the rs2 had bags of character and they have really added all the right elements to the rs3.
beleive me the sound is just like a big turbo 10v Quattro from the 80s.
The sculpted front wings really give it a lovely stance.
will do a full write up with pics soon in a new thread.
Cant wait to spend some more time with it.

Looks stunning i need to stop looking at the RS3 forum as it kills me that im waiting so long for mine

Collecting mine on Monday.

P1040047.jpg

P1040048.jpg

P1040049.jpg

P1040052.jpg

P1040053.jpg

P1040057.jpg

P1040065.jpg

We recently sold an Ibis White S3 Black Edition with buckets...:racer:

Reactions: warren_S5
Like it mate... Silver stitching on buckets is subtle and suits the blue exterior:icon_thumright: Is that sprint blue or nogaro perleffekt?

Like it mate... Silver stitching on buckets is subtle and suits the blue exterior:icon_thumright: Is that sprint blue or nogaro perleffekt?

Its Sprint Blue, which on the RS3 is an Audi Exclusive colour. One more sleep to go....

Its Sprint Blue, which on the RS3 is an Audi Exclusive colour. One more sleep to go....
Luck boy!!! Royally jealous! One more sleep, bet you're well excited.. I have 153 sleeps still to go:sorry:

Luck boy!!! Royally jealous! One more sleep, bet you're well excited.. I have 153 sleeps still to go:sorry:

So have you ordered one then? Whats your spec? I had originally ordered a Suzuka Grey one, but was being messed about, was going to walk, but someone tipped me off about this Sprint Blue one, it had a spec close the Grey one so a deal was done. Apprantly it's the only one at present in this colour although the same dealer has another one on order, not heard or come across another in Sprint Blue. Several Sepang Blue and the Racing Mica colours about. This time tomorrow I should be in her.