S3 to S5

S3Baz

Reaction score
Thinking about selling my PFL S3 and going for a 2017 S5. Anybody done the same thing?
I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet so looking for thoughts on driving experience, handling, interior quality etc.

Cheers.

Performance S5 slightly quicker 0 - 60 than the s3 on paper but it’s a bigger and more refined car than the s3 so you may not notice much difference when driving

S5 less economical / more expensive to insure but if that is a worry for someone they should not be buying a performance car

S5 tech much more modern -

S5 has a premium interior v s3 - very nice place to be in

overall it’s a bigger car so won’t be quite as nimble

Personally would chose the S5 over an s3 every time

Reactions: S3Baz, NevMan and Sandra
Big part of the choice will be the roads you’ll be driving on and the distances involved. If you have country A roads with wide sweeping bends and lots of 60 / 70mph runs then the S5 is a lovely place to be (I’ve not got on, I’m guessing it’s a better higher speed cruiser). If you have to deal with city driving and parking, the smaller S3 may be more appropriate, along with any parking / garage size concerns

Also, IIRC, the S5 has a proper AWD system so if that is paramount, the size and your own driving profiles concerns can go out of the window

Cheers guys, I have posted this on the other forum as well as it might be a bit more relevant since I`m looking at a 2017 model.