S3 Tuning - What would be the safest max tune before......

tspar

Reaction score
Having to upgrade any of the standard S3 engine parts?. Any info as ever much appreciated :icon_thumright:

Big turbo conversions can be ran on stock inernal and push around 400-450bhp.

Paul

Big turbo conversions can be ran on stock inernal and push around 400-450bhp.

Paul

Just remember if going above 400bhp to lower the compression ratio.

You should also consider tougher rods at this sort of level.

Just remember if going above 400bhp to lower the compression ratio.

You should also consider tougher rods at this sort of level.

Affirmative, and clutches, DMFs, Brakes........not for the fainted hearted.

Affirmative, and clutches, DMFs, Brakes........not for the fainted hearted.

Brakes on the way(either AP or Brembo) clutch done,,and looking at the costs of the turbo,rods and pistons!

Brakes on the way(either AP or Brembo) clutch done,,and looking at the costs of the turbo,rods and pistons!

Sounds like a plan.

I would love to go Stage 2+ but the clutch cost and heavy pedal is holding me back at the minute.
:ohmy:

cheers
Paul

Sounds like a plan.

I would love to go Stage 2+ but the clutch cost and heavy pedal is holding me back at the minute.
:ohmy:

cheers
Paul

Go on...you know you want to!

I think I've managed to do this time what I didn't do with one of my Cosworths,which was to come up with a decent plan of upgrades and to cut out some of the ones which are really just tasters for the next decent step.

If I'd simply saved the cash and had the Sierra's engine rebuilt for 440bhp in the first few stages,I would have saved a lot of money overall.

Go on...you know you want to!

I think I've managed to do this time what I didn't do with one of my Cosworths,which was to come up with a decent plan of upgrades and to cut out some of the ones which are really just tasters for the next decent step.

If I'd simply saved the cash and had the Sierra's engine rebuilt for 440bhp in the first few stages,I would have saved a lot of money overall.

I hear you mate, Down pipe, CAI, HPFP and Software would be my next step. Thats why Im holding back because the cost of the Clutch and DMF would also have to be budgeted for.
360bhp is very tempting, but I would need to drive a car with the SACHS set up to see if I could get on with the pedal anyway, befpre selling a kidney.

(sorry for minor hijack)

Cheers
Paul