S3 Upgrades

nicks3

Reaction score
I am going to Bluefin my S3 and think it would be a good idea to upgrade to the Forge diverter and panel filter. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which filter is best?

Also, I would ideally like the rear wheels to fill the arches a little more and am thinking of fitting spacers. The front wheels seem to full the arches quite well and I thought of leaving these alone. What mm speacer is best for the rear so that the wheels look nice in the arches, I am not looking for a flush fit with the arch as that would be too much just to fill them out better than standard. Also is only fitting them to the rear ok for handling or will it upset it?

As its a four wheel drive car you should keep the drive train equal, so if you do the rear do the back, it can affect your warranty!

Panel filter, try ITG or pipercross both good upgrades for the panel filter.

As for Bluefin, if you think you may do further mod's I would look at Revo or Giac as an option as both of these will aloow you to go further down the mod route.

Personally I would always use Revo due to customer service.

Thanks. I think the front is just right so may well leabe alone. Dont want to affect the handling.

I think what Big Andy is saying, is you will affect the handling (maybe for the negative) buy widening the rear track and not the front.....

It would be advisable to do both to keep the geometry as it was....

Thanks. I think the front is just right so may well leabe alone. Dont want to affect the handling.

Nick...it would be well worth taking Andy's advice.

Altering the setup and geometry of one end of a 4WD car is almost always going to result in the handling being adversely affected,i.e. it will NOT improve the handling,and will almost certainly invalidate the warranty in some aspects.

You will find that even things like running different tyres front and rear can make a huge change in the handling,and again,usually for the worse.

I also would go for Revo if you are looking down the remap route,as the service is very good and the backup as well.

Initially I went with a Pipercross panel filter and Revo Stage 1,before going to Stage2+ with the Autotech fuel pump and Forge CAI and DV.