S3 Vibration Problem

Devi

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an S3 2002 Model, recently I had a blow out tyre at 140 km/h in it and had a new tyre fitted on the front driver side.

Since then the car doesnt feel right, I feel some slight vibration constantly, but its not pulling to the right or left side.

I took it to the Audi dealer who moved the new tyer from the drivers front side to the back of the car
and I had it aligned and I am still feeling it...

Since then I have taken it back 3 times to Audi and they have tested it but they say its normal :S
but before the blow out I never had this vibration.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks for your fast response, is there a way that I can get this checked?
Audi did not pick up on it and they said it drives fine.

Forgot to mention 3 tyers are Pirelli
and the new one is Continential would that make a difference?

Nah. Providing its the same size it'll be ok.

Can be checked at a tyre fitting place. Take all the wheel weights off and stick it on balance machine. They will be able to tell dudette. It will require loads of weight :)

Edit: if the new tyre is directional, I'd make sure it's fitted the right way round. Pretty sure it will be though.

Last edited:
Thanks again for your response! I will get it checked out tomorrow
I'm a dudette, so sorry for the novice question :)

Sorry, post edited :).

I'm sure if there is anything else to check someone will comment too.

Good luck with the issue being sorted.

Tyres should be the same mode accross the same axle. Is you have 2 different tyres on the same axle, this could cause problems.

Check the offset aswel. The flat tyre may have done some damage to shocks / tracking / rear prop / rear diff. Put two of the same on the back and go from there.

Check the offset aswel. The flat tyre may have done some damage to shocks / tracking / rear prop / rear diff. Put two of the same on the back and go from there.

If she is getting a vibration...how is swapping wheels about going to help? Just going to change where the vibration is (if it's the wheel).

Or is that ur reason, to diagnose the issue? I'm pretty sure a blow out at like 85mph wouldnt have defected the diff or prop. I'd say wheel. Shock and spring would be noticeable as ride would be altered.

I'd take a gamble at getting another wheel fitted to see if it cures it. If not then maybe tracking.

Thank you all for your replies,

I had all 4 wheels checked for damage and was told eveything was fine, but I needed new tyers...

so I had new tyers fitted Continential's, tracking done and everything seemed oke for a day or two, but now I am feeling it again, the vibration is in the back end and when you take a corner you don't really feel like you have control of the car :s