S3 waiting time for build

musicegbdf

Reaction score
Noting with interest how long other people have had to wait ,and mine seems longer.
I ordered on 6th July , initially hot bw 44 , now got 43.
People ordering after me seem to get earlier.
Mine is nothing special. A sportback in Daytona , with Lunar interior ( order accepted before they deleted), with fairly normal options...
I wonder if it is the lunar , or just the dealers allocation .
That said I am in no rush , as current 8p is still under warranty till mid Dec.
Just wondering.

Anybody else waiting as long as me with a current order.?

Ordered an S3 on the 10th sept. No build week yet, nor was it expected but I'll let you know when I get an update. I was quoted delivery in 12-16 weeks but I guess we'll see how accurate that is

I ordered mine on the 28th May and it's being built this week so that sounds about right. The factory closes completely in August for 2 weeks so that does delay the order a little.

Ordered mine July 12th and it's now in the UK. Seemed to get built a few weeks earlier.

Mmm, so there is a wide variation.
Moda has waited and jay a , is getting one quickly.
Other than dealer used i wonder what the differences are. Are you both sportbacks ?
Looks like mine is 16 weeks to build week , so 21 to 22 to delivered.....

Mines a 3 door. I was lucky the dealership managed to find a spare slot in the system. Otherwise it could have bee closer to Christmas.

Can't remember the exact date my order was placed but it was a couple of days before the 28th of July I believe. And mine was built by the 11th of this month and was in the UK on the 16th.

Wow, that's quick. Maybe you got a reconfigured existing build slot too? My current TDI was ordered Mid Oct 2013 and arrived a couple of days before pick up on 1st March.

Ordered 1st August build week 44. S tronic 3door.

Noting with interest how long other people have had to wait ,and mine seems longer.
I ordered on 6th July , initially hot bw 44 , now got 43.
People ordering after me seem to get earlier.
Mine is nothing special. A sportback in Daytona , with Lunar interior ( order accepted before they deleted), with fairly normal options...
I wonder if it is the lunar , or just the dealers allocation .
That said I am in no rush , as current 8p is still under warranty till mid Dec.
Just wondering.

Anybody else waiting as long as me with a current order.?

Hey mate, it must down to finding one of them very last remaining lunar silvered cows,rare beasts indeed, as they can be only found when the moon is full in the night sky....lol...trust me your car will look mint with the LOOOONA Silver interior,l know mines does,beats the grey cows leather hoofs down...he,he

Agree we went for it and the silver headlining as the black interior was moody and look goog with white and red cars , being Daytona I felt it needed a lift.
I have also gone for the alcantara/leather. So no sliding around and cooler/ warmer depending on weather.
Was just a little concerned about it looking grubby so will get it treated.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Agree we went for it and the silver headlining as the black interior was moody and look goog with white and red cars , being Daytona I felt it needed a lift.
I have also gone for the alcantara/leather. So no sliding around and cooler/ warmer depending on weather.
Was just a little concerned about it looking grubby so will get it treated.

Alcantara is man made mate,so should be very resilient to staining,but can bobble a bit?Jordan gave me a extra can of scotchguard to spray on my seats, it smells awesome..best stuff,l can still smell this kit even after 6 months.
Hope your car arrives soon

As has been suggested, lead times vary because of the differing ways that they get into the system (dealer slots, factory orders etc, and whether it is a saloon or hatchback)
I had a factory ordered saloon last year and order day to delivery day was 30 weeks :sob: but saloons were particulary difficult to get hold of last year.

Put an order in for a S3 saloon yesterday morning and the dealership told me it would be mid March before I would get delivery then I got a phone call off them in the afternoon saying they had managed to get me a build slot in October due to a cancelled order, hopefully will get my build week number tomorrow when the salesman is back in the showroom.

I ordered an S3 on 27th August, build week 41 with an expected ETA early November.

Ah well seems all over the place . O am still stuck on BW 43 after order accepted on 6th July.
Will just have to be patient.
To help have booked a track day experience in a Lambo !

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ordered today and was told around Christmas. I spoke with three other dealerships, and all told me 3 months. Waited 6 for my mk7 R so 3 months will fly in...I hope :)

Well they may come forward if they are going to stop making diesels for several weeks !

Reactions: BobbyCS3