S3 what finance deal and how much

lee_fr200

Reaction score
But nosey but I'm off to the dealer tomorrow and don't want to get ripped off,

After sorting my spec on car wow the rrp is £41,700

After discount it's 37,700 so 4k off

I'm looking at putting 6k down as a deposit to bring my payments down

So around 31,700 will be financed hopefully via pcp

So my question is what was your gfw? What your price was that was financed and your deposit? Your payments And what rate of interest? And also final payment? As I have to look at 3-4 yrs in the future when it comes to replace as I will need abit of equity between the final payment and gfw for a new deposit

Sorry if some don't want to help me there I just want to know what I should be paying and what the rate should be? I just don't want them to screw me over.

Cheers in advance

But nosey but I'm off to the dealer tomorrow and don't want to get ripped off,

After sorting my spec on car wow the rrp is £41,700

After discount it's 37,700 so 4k off

I'm looking at putting 6k down as a deposit to bring my payments down

So around 31,700 will be financed hopefully via pcp

So my question is what was your gfw? What your price was that was financed and your deposit? Your payments And what rate of interest? And also final payment? As I have to look at 3-4 yrs in the future when it comes to replace as I will need abit of equity between the final payment and gfw for a new deposit

Sorry if some don't want to help me there I just want to know what I should be paying and what the rate should be? I just don't want them to screw me over.

Cheers in advance

Audi rate at the moment is 7.4%. It's listed on their site under offers/A3.

What they list isn't always the best rate though, surely it will be negotiable like the rrp of the car itself

What they list isn't always the best rate though, surely it will be negotiable like the rrp of the car itself

Depends on the amount, duration, PCP or HP, it was just their advertised rate in the Audi 'offers' page

Depends on length of term and annual mileage. The price of the car with options doesn't come into it.

I took my S3 out over 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. GFV was something like £17,500.

Depends on length of term and annual mileage. The price of the car with options doesn't come into it.

I took my S3 out over 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. GFV was something like £17,500.

Did you or do you intend to hand it back as you have set the mileage @12K?

Most people go for minimum mileage to keep payments down, then p/ex and the value is adjusted to take account of actual mileage.

The plan is to trade it in after 3 years but lately I've been changing my car every year!

There is no such thing as GFV. Audi will not guarantee what the car will be worth at the end of the term, only that it SHOULD be worth more than the final payment figure so you have some form of deposit for your next car.

Reactions: mcnallys
Yeah I hardly swap mine my first car I got at 17 I had for 6 yrs then the ibiza fr tdi I've had for 7yrs this year
There is no such thing as GFV. Audi will not guarantee what the car will be worth at the end of the term, only that it SHOULD be worth more than the final payment figure so you have some form of deposit for your next car.

I thought there was gfv I've seen many ppl plaster it all over the forum at roughly 17.5k ish? Do options increase or decrease any future value?

Yeah I hardly swap mine my first car I got at 17 I had for 6 yrs then the ibiza fr tdi I've had for 7yrs this year

I thought there was gfv I've seen many ppl plaster it all over the forum at roughly 17.5k ish? Do options increase or decrease any future value?

The gfv excludes all options I think.

Never been keen on car finance deals, but if you change your car every three years or even less then I suppose it's the best way. Long term there are better finance options available.

Never been keen on car finance deals, but if you change your car every three years or even less then I suppose it's the best way. Long term there are better finance options available.

The payments go through the rood though, and my main worry is that if they give me discount they will rape me on the interest rate to get some money back, hence why I'm asking these questions

If you are going to trade the car back for another go for 5k annual mileage, makes a difference to the monthly payments and it doesn't matter if you go over...

If you are going to trade the car back for another go for 5k annual mileage, makes a difference to the monthly payments and it doesn't matter if you go over...

I put mine at 6k miles - have done 1,300 miles in 4 months LOL. So I should have put it on the minimum really. I have always done a low figure and never had an issue come trade in. The mileage should only be an issue if you decided to hand it back at the agreement.

Think mine is £19k GFV on 3 year term.

Yeah will be swapping end of term, couldn't go today in the end due to work but probably will tomorrow.

Jesh thats a lot of money to finance.
Dare I say it but surely save a bit more before buying one, particularly with that level of extras. Mine had 2k of extras and at times thought that was excessive even though bought mine cash. Extras never give you value for money so I think it is nuts to pay that amount on finance with the intention of then changing in 3-4years, the S3 should go round the clock before major mechancal issues so why change?

Is it half the price of the car? It seemed that way when I got a pcp quote last week. 15k deposit, 30k price tag

Is it half the price of the car? It seemed that way when I got a pcp quote last week. 15k deposit, 30k price tag

That's what I heard, but was putting it out there to see if it could be greater. Wanted to put down £20k into it.

Right I've been wakefield audi today, and they said they wouldn't offer any discount whatsoever which I'm abit gutted about

I put my deposit at 3000 instead of 6k too

But this is what they've quoted

04a9f757bfe999b188f43356e07684bb.jpg

Obviously I'm not going to buy from them if they're not offering any discount (Coventry audi offered £4,500 which coupled with my 6k would have been 10.5k)

GMFV 16k after 4 years !! is that correct, I've seen quotes on the saloon s3 for 3 yrs with the same sort of figure

Deposit £3000 - £7400 in interest charges. Perhaps you should wait until you can afford an S3!
or do you just like pouring money down the drain.

Well as I've said the fact they wouldn't offer any discount whatsoever is reason enough not to buy,

Coventry audi have offered 4,500 off the price which makes a big difference obviously plus I can sell my car for 5k and add 1k in further cash, audi offered me 1500 for my car so I said 1500 I'd put in and that's the deal they came with, she said no dealer in the country were doing discounts on s3's as they're so popular and flying out the door

So it's not a case of can't afford I just don't want to be bent over!

£48K total cost of ownership is eye watering I'd be looking at totally different cars for this sort of money.

Assuming you didn't keep the car for the term that's quite a gap that will put you into negative equity even taking into consideration an average annual depreciation over the 4 years.

Go & lease one for 2 years, it would be much cheaper.

Your £3K deposit would be ample & your payments about £150-£200 month less.

Over 2 years that could be the equivalent of your interest charges & no depreciation to worry about.

That's why tHis thread has been created, as to me that's crazy for an audi a3!

What are you guys paying and over what term deposits etc etc etc

Wow. That's absolutely incredible.

The payments go through the rood though, and my main worry is that if they give me discount they will rape me on the interest rate to get some money back, hence why I'm asking these questions
Yep, you're dead right there. They make a big thing about a deposit contribution but when you look at it they're raking that back several times in interest and fees. Small wonder they said no to a discount. On top of that you don't own the car for at least a very lengthy period, which is the big problem I have with car finance deals, so if you did need to rebalance your debts you couldn't sell the car to give you leeway.

No, no, no, no, no.......

I'd be going to Carwow and spec my S3 up. Print it off, then attend local Audi dealer "can you match, or get near this, if so let's talk".

I did this & my dealer came up trumps. No way would I do business with that dealer, offering no discount whatsoever.

Madness signing up there & then.

And I'm not paying 48k for a audi s3 that's just silly!

But how do all you guys finance your cars surely those on pcp must have had similar quotes (it's meant to be a cheaper way of financing) and those on hp must be getting raped on repayments!

Anyone yet want to shed light on their actual finance costs and how they've done it, as I'm sure there's many in my situation that would prefer to have the info before they visit a dealer

I did the Carwow thing with my dealer. They choked and couldn't get to within a couple of thousand even though I told them that if they could get to within five hundred and I didn't have to travel to another dealership the sale was theirs. They said no. Goodbye. :undwech:

Yeah wakefield audi wouldn't give anything off at all, I said Coventry audi had offered 4.5k off and her response was

Have a nice drive to Coventry then because we won't give anything off at all, she couldn't believe dealers would do that and implied I was trying it on, I told her to go on car wow or orange wheels for a quote but they weren't interested.

But I'm interested to know ppls deals because surely not everyone is paying near on 50k for a s3