S3 wheels

Olliem

Reaction score
Hi I’m looking at this at the moment, does anyone know are these wheels a standard colour or have they been painted?
Thank you
Ollie

Attachments

• EAE6C659-FA37-4656-8B16-8A56580A974B.png
    EAE6C659-FA37-4656-8B16-8A56580A974B.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 163
Hi I’m looking at this at the moment, does anyone know are these wheels a standard colour or have they been painted?
Thank you
Ollie
100% refurbed

It looks to me as if the outer surfaces are painted, whereas these should be polished.

Thanks everyone! I’ll keep looking!
It’s just wheels refurbed. Car might be perfectly fine. You can always get them sorted properly.
For a 4-5 year old car the wheel paint could be chipped or corroded and last owner or dealer slapped a cheap refurb on it. Doesn’t mean the car is rubbish.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Any thoughts on must have spec? Seem pretty good standard spec, I like the s/s seats but seem quite rare. Tech pack worth it?

Black Edition is a matter of personal taste, but I agree the Tech Pack is a worthwhile upgrade. I’m ambivalent about B&O and Supersport seats as the post 2016 Audi Sound System is pretty good, as are the seats.

I’d put in a word for Hold Assist, which is hard to explain but a really important addition to the STronic gearbox.

Reactions: AlS3BE and Mr Freeze
Thank you
Ollie
Normal original nothing wrong with them
They used sht dark camera

I'd agreed with @The Cardinal regards Hold Assist but it is one of the cheaper and most useful retrofits, once you have it you'll wonder how you managed without it ;)
I wouldn't let a refurbed wheel put me off buying a car if everything else ticks your boxes. All I'd say is if you've interested go and view in the flesh and have a thorough look round and most importantly take your time and don't be rushed, you'll know if it's the right one.

I'd agreed with @The Cardinal regards Hold Assist but it is one of the cheaper and most useful retrofits, once you have it you'll wonder how you managed without it ;)
I wouldn't let a refurbed wheel put me off buying a car if everything else ticks your boxes. All I'd say is if you've interested go and view in the flesh and have a thorough look round and most importantly take your time and don't be rushed, you'll know if it's the right one.
Was hill hold not standard on all the facelift cars? Every facelift a3/s3 I’ve driven has it so thought it was standard across the board. Coming to think about every Audi I’ve had has it.

Was hill hold not standard on all the facelift cars?
No it wasn't :frown new: the pic below is from the 2017 price list brochure for the mk3 FL so wasn't a standard (denoted by 'S') option on any of the models. It was however available to all model variants (denoted by '.'). Doesn't mean later year models didn't have it standard in 2018 and/or 2019 as I'm not sure about them.

Screenshot 20220124 221610 Samsung Notes

Last edited:
Reactions: Potterswheel and AlS3BE
No it wasn't :frown new: the pic below is from the 2017 price list brochure for the mk3 FL so wasn't a standard (denoted by 'S') option on any of the models. It was however available to all model variants (denoted by '.'). Doesn't mean later year models didn't have it standard in 2018 and/or 2019 as I'm not sure about them.

View attachment 248973
Mines a 2018 and has parking sensors and hill hold as standard so they must have chucked more stuff at the later years.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Wheels look fine, refurbed or not, can't see any paint issues tbh, just because they've not refurbed as diamond cut, maybe they had bad kerbing or didnt like the metal finish, doesn't really affect the car if that's in order, nice colour wheels tbh.

For all the manager's blurb of a description and list of 'features', it doesn't appear to have any extras whatsoever, not in a popular S3 colour and cheap aftermarket DIY reversing sensors just to spoil the rear bumper. It does have low miles.
It also needs new rear discs. Something I'd be concerned that the umpteen point main dealer used approved check should have picked up on.
If you like it go and have a look and a drive. If you buy, get a 2 year warranty out of them, but it's mighty expensive for a 5 year old car.

For all the manager's blurb of a description and list of 'features', it doesn't appear to have any extras whatsoever, not in a popular S3 colour and cheap aftermarket DIY reversing sensors just to spoil the rear bumper. It does have low miles.
It also needs new rear discs. Something I'd be concerned that the umpteen point main dealer used approved check should have picked up on.
If you like it go and have a look and a drive. If you buy, get a 2 year warranty out of them, but it's mighty expensive for a 5 year old car.
Thank you! Yes not sure the check system is upto much, I’m just leaning towards main dealer for the warranty, don’t think there are many bargains around at the moment

Everyone is different in what they want spec wise I personally wouldn't buy an S3 without
Super sport seats and tech pack / Virtual cockpit as they were a must for me . My car also as the interior design pack which
seems to be pretty rare as there doesn't seem to be many on Auto trader with it . Hill hold assist is a great option to have also .

it doesn't appear to have any extras whatsoever, not in a popular S3 colour and cheap aftermarket DIY reversing sensors
Sorry, what I meant to say was driver focussed spec in a rare and beautiful colour, with safety upgrades fitted by the previous owner.
To be fair, I'd rather have a basic S3 and the engine rather than a fully loaded A3, but that's just personal choice. The only extra I enjoy (and now wouldn't buy an S3 without) is the B&O, and extras that were worth the money, reversing sensors and Hold Assist. Anything else I'd view as nice to have but (very) expensive toys.
A far as the wheels, I wouldn't be too concerned about refurbished wheels on a 5 year old car, the fact that they are all wrapped in Michelin PS4s is an indication that the previous owner cared.