s3dave - R.I.P.

Oh Dave :( what more can be said?

Through the ups and downs, you were one of ASN's true characters, as friendly in real life as you were feisty on the forum!

Thanks for everything Dave, it's been a pleasure.

RIP

Reactions: s3gazz
Thx for all the nice messages guys means a lot to Dave ,me and the family we are all so greatfull

Thanks for the support guys me and the family Have been reading all the comments and they are really touching us if you would like to make any donations in getting S3daves car back on the Road which he would be so greatfull for my paypal address is garynelson22@hotmail.co.uk

Thx from dave me and the family x

PS as posted earlier I'll be keeping u all posted on the funeral date time and place for anyone who wishes to join us give Dave the best of the best send offs which he so diserves thank u all.

Truly saddening news.

Dave had generously helped me out a few times without knowing me from Adam. A true gent who will be greatly missed.

RIP Dave.

Posted something on the TT forum and posted your details Gazz so you should get something from them.

I'm also thinking of getting some cut Vinyl stickers make up so all profits goes to finishing off s3daves car.

Something simple like R.I.P s3dave so open to any other ideas for stickers?

Reactions: s3gazz and mark_S3
I'm proper gutted about Dave. I am with Voorhees when he said that he's tried to reply a few times but couldn't bring himself to do it.

RIP Dave, you're a friggin legend :shake:

Deeply saddened to hear the news about Dave - we spoke a few weeks ago on the phone and there wasn't even a mention that he was ill. My thoughts are with his family

RIP Dave,

You will truly be missed on the forum, some serious banter was had with him. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and it was always a laugh.

Gazz, sorry for yours and the family's loss and my condolences to you all.

Nilz

Hi guys thanks guys as most of u know Dave was my farther in law and like a dad to me over the past 5 years. Dave sadly passed away Friday the 13th after a long hard battle in ICU for several weeks due to his illness he went into hospital to Hv his lung cancer removed the operation was successful and as we all know Dave he came around from recovery singing and cracking jokes drinking coffee. Then he just took a turn for the worst then he cought pneumonia, ARDS ( adult respiratory distress syndrome ) also his lung wasn't coping he should not of died at the age of 44 he was way too young he was going to be 45 on the 18th June he past away so suddenly the hole thing is under investigation as it was an unusual situation as he was fine and awake an hour before he passed away.

Dave will be so missed by everyone he was a great bloke and would do owt for others he was a true legend loved his family and friends and loved his cars and partying. Me and Dave messed with our cars every weekend and he loved his s3 as most of u no his s3 is off the road with no engine in it as he was too poorly to put the engine back in so my mission is to drop the engine into it that's already been built by Dave we was just waiting for Him to get better but now all this im going to try my hardest to make Dave proud and get it back in and up and running for him he would love it only thing I carnt do is the fabrication of the down pipe so any help would be muchly appreciated. His family all want u guys to know there greatfull for the support it means a lot and welcome any body to the funeral (date still pending ) I'll keep u all posted when we find out. Let's give his a send off he diserves.

R.I.P Dave still carnt get my head around it mate. The home don't feel the same without you.Always be in my heart heaven has gained a true legend.

Feel free to message me anyone thanks

s3gazz.

Very Touching words Gaz. Dave would be proud of you.

A tragic loss. such a waste.

My very best regards and wishes to you, the rest of his family and friends at this very difficult time.

Thanks so much guys means a lot, I don't really no anyone or anything about TT forum Andrew so I'd feel not right just posting on there it feels so weird having to do this just feels like he's going to walk through the door anytime this minute. So going to be missed my friend RIP Dave u will never be forgotten.

Such a young age and so unfair ,,I never met dave but reading the replies to this thread he was greatly loved by many,sincere condolances to all his family.

May you rest easy mate.

Gaz,

If you can let me know details of the funeral I will set it up as a meet within the Yorkshire region aswell.

I think it will make dave happy knowing that aload of S3's turned up to see him off properly....

Reactions: Alex C, s3gazz, Nilz and 2 others
So sad :crying: Rip buddy, You will be missed.

RIP Dave. Didnt have the pleasure of knowing Dave personally as im still relatively new on here. From what ive read, sounded like he was a top guy and 44yrs old is extremely young to die.

My heavy heart goes out to the family, along with my thoughts and condolences. :s3addict:

R.i.p mate.

Had the pleasure of knowing Dave and meeting him a few times. I had a fair few bits from him and he was always happy to help where he could. Couldn't believe it when I heard the news a few days ago.

As a keen ASN fisherman, the forum and the pub have lost a very valued member.

Reactions: StaceyS3, ScottD3, crazy88 and 5 others
Gaz,

If you can let me know details of the funeral I will set it up as a meet within the Yorkshire region aswell.

I think it will make dave happy knowing that aload of S3's turned up to see him off properly....

If it's a day I'm free, I'd pop along. :thumbsup:

Rip Dave, you were one of the most memorable characters on here. Dry sense of humour and above all you knew your stuff. You will be sadly missed. My heart goes out to your family at this unexpectedly sudden and distressing time

I feel a bit awkward posting here when i'm relatively new and never had any correspondence with Dave but of all the car forums i've been a member of over the years this is by far the most friendly and helpful, and after reading through this thread it's clear Dave was an integral part of that.

My best wishes to all his friends and family. RIP

Reactions: s3gazz, voorhees, CHEZ and 2 others
Sorry to hear this, from what I've seen on ASN since I joined, everyone thought a lot of Dave. Dreadful news.

Sincere condolences to all his friends & family.

It would have been Daves birthday tomorrow.

Rest in crisp, refreshing beer filled peace.

***Dave.

Xxx

Its never nice to hear of the passing of a forum member, we are a family as such, of lovers of audi's, beer & women (at times) :)

RIP Dave.

Happy Birthday mate, hope you are having an awesome day wherever you are, I for one will defo raise a glass to you tonight :)

R.I.P Dave, you'll never be forgotten

Maybe we could have whip round at Inters in memory of Dave?

Reactions: warren_S5, s3gazz and voorhees
I recommend a time for an engine revving session followed by cheers drink in memory of Dave. :beerchug:

Reactions: s3gazz, g60leigh, CHEZ and 2 others
Sounds like a plan Jo :)

RIP Dave,

You will truly be missed by the ASN Members.

Gazz sorry for yours and your family's loss and my condolences to you all.

Rest In Peace Buddy.

Im getting some stickers made up and all the profits will go to Gazz to finish off Daves car and what ever is left i'm sure Gazz will give to the family

Reactions: s3gazz, Jay A3 and crazy88
RIP s3dave 1969 - 2014 and Dave Marshall 1969 - 2014 so far

I found out Dave didn't have life insurance so the sticker won't be cheap and i want to make sure his family get as much as we can

Reactions: Sandra, s3gazz, voorhees and 1 other person
Thx for the messages and support means so much to me and the family Andrew your a star pal thx a lot on a great idea.

Sorry I didn't post a b day message yesterday for Dave I could not bring my self to do so we had a late one for u Dave and a few beers for u mate and I know u had a few too mate RIP Dave

What a terrible shame, such a lovely bloke. Been away for a couple of days so missed this. RIP Dave.