s3dave - R.I.P.

RIP s3dave 1969 - 2014 and Dave Marshall 1969 - 2014 so far

I found out Dave didn't have life insurance so the sticker won't be cheap and i want to make sure his family get as much as we can

Stickers aside, I'm thinking of a collection box at GTI Inters over both days, let me know what you think?

Reactions: s3gazz, Jay A3 and Andrew@A.L.D
The more ideas the better.

As I said before Dave didn't have life insurance. Dave had a wife a two kids the youngest being only ten years old.

For people that will be donating please can you donate money that folds and not stuff that rattles.

Reactions: s3gazz, Sandra and Lavis89
069F9413-142B-42E2-A95B-1D68BF27C111_zpsnaenmpgd.jpg

And

3F38959A-CA6C-41DB-9980-606171174094_zps7n5vi6yl.jpg

Reactions: s3gazz, ScottD3, Sandra and 1 other person
I was think of a minimum donatsion of £10 that will get you 2 sticker?

Would people object to sending a self addressed stamped envelop and there donatsion for them?

Only just seen this. Very shocked.

Only met Dave in person once, but "knew" him pretty well on here.

Such a shame.

Rest in peace.

Reactions: s3gazz
Really sorry to read this. Dave was an early supporter of me and FrankenTurbo. He offered advice and encouragement right at a time when I badly needed it. It counted for a lot that he didn't mind I was a Yank selling stuff made in China. He was creative, inquisitive & very enthusiastic. I can't imagine how awful it is for his loved ones to lose those traits with his passing. I'd sure like to contribute to the memorial project. Can someone please contact me about that?

sales@frankenturbo.com

Yours
Doug Harper
FrankenTurbo

Reactions: voorhees, s3gazz, Andrew@A.L.D and 4 others
Really sorry to read this. Dave was an early supporter of me and FrankenTurbo. He offered advice and encouragement right at a time when I badly needed it. It counted for a lot that he didn't mind I was a Yank selling stuff made in China. He was creative, inquisitive & very enthusiastic. I can't imagine how awful it is for his loved ones to lose those traits with his passing. I'd sure like to contribute to the memorial project. Can someone please contact me about that?

sales@frankenturbo.com

Yours
Doug Harper
FrankenTurbo
I have had time to take this on but still gutted,you are spot on Dave's a helper and if you look at his last posts no mention of being ill but giving members help.
We are sorting a fundraiser for his family and will let everyone know as soon as it is organised.

Last edited:
Reactions: s3gazz, Sandra and CHEZ
Not been on here for some time and have only just read this. Unbelievable; my thoughts are with those that were closest to him.

Hi guys thanks a lot for all the support just wanted to let u all no the funeral is set now for Tuesday the 1st of July I'll post up proper details soon when I get the address and post code of where we are going to be.

I willl be going to Gti inters this year so be happy to see everyone there hopfully we can all meet for Dave that would be great

Reactions: Nilz and voorhees
Just an update the funereal is at Holy Trinity parish church, Town lane, idle, West Yorkshire bd10 8NS on Tuesday 1st July at 2pm this will give people plenty of time to get there also Dave is having a burial that is at Westfield lane cemetery few mins walk away from the church and then we are gathering at The Bold Privateer for drinks and to listen to some of his best songs it has a big car park also if needed, family flowers only please also donations to cancer research will be at the church if you desire, everybody is welcome.

Lets give Dave a send off we will all remember and he deserves
Any questions please just contact me on 07920 094014

Reactions: Nilz and jojo
I didn't know Dave but I lost my father not so long ago to the same horrible illness . My heart goes out to all of your family . Losing my father and best bud at the same time . Let's hope one day that we can find a cure for this illness that cuts people down in there prime . Life is not fair . Sorry again for you loss . Lots of love to all of Dave's family and friends . Steve

Dave was a great forum member, but also became a good mate to me, ALWAYS helped me out with things if ever I was stuck. And we had great banter outside of the car world.
Kind, honest, straight talking funny *******.

Il raise a stella
:beerchug:

Reactions: voorhees and s3gazz
Thx guys so much means the world to us all.

If u are wanting to come to the funeral either call my number or pm me we can sort stuff out there thx all.

Also wanted u all to know that Dave did not pass away due to his illness,Dave was a strong cookie he would of fought it off and was doing so.
We will seek justice for him for sure.

RIP Dave mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhh ****. I don't even know what else to say about that bit of news. I hope justice kicks some ***.

Hope the funeral went as well as expected - look forward to seeing his s3 completed now

cheers craig

I personally didn't know Dave, but i saw his name alot on the forum, helping everyone out, sounded a quality man, sorry to hear. Its shock to everyone on Audi Sport and to the community. R.I.P S3dave!

Reactions: s3gazz and voorhees
Thanks guys the funeral went great and a really good turn out for Dave he would be so proud RIP Dave mate I'll see u again buddy

Reactions: Andrew@A.L.D, ScottD3, voorhees and 3 others
Such a shame.. He gave real invaluable advice! I'm in for donating cash to finish off his car..

sorry to hear never met the bloke but saw many of his posts on here over the last year never a good time when someone passes away regards to his family

I am completely lost! I have been a lurker/member of Audi Sport since I got my S3 in 2002.

Dave has been a fixture and fitting since then always willing to provide advice and help. Though I never dared do anything to my S3 I always read S3Dave's posts with real interest promising myself that one day I would pluck up the courage to do something challenging.

Though very delayed - I offer my condolences to the family and all his friends. His kindness and support will not be forgotten.

Tim

Reactions: superkarl, g60leigh, voorhees and 1 other person
I came across this by chance as I sold my 8L a while ago and don't spend much time in the 8L section nowadays.

So sorry to hear. A great and helpful contributor. Have seen so many of his posts and the tips that had helped me.

John.

Just seen this thread, not been on for a while....that is shocking news 44 way to young, if there is an afterlife I hope Dave is enjoying driving his S3

RIP

Reactions: Sandra