S4 3.0 induction kit

that is the one I was thinking of going for. It was either that or the AWE carbon unit.

The Revo one has a heat insulated coating on the constant diameter metal pipework which reduces heat soak into the pipe and keeps intake air temperatures to a minimum. Also as I will be going for other Revo mods (remap / DSG map) I guess it's all been tested to work together.

I had their S3 CAI and it was fantastic, even slightly better than the ITG one I had before in terms of it's consistency.

Might be worth waiting for the Revo Hardware store to come back online as they may have some show discount offers during the year which could save you some £££.

Reactions: scotty76 and Rich M
Thanks Warren.

I was wondering why I couldn't find much on revo's site but everywhere else had revo parts

I believe the AWE one has a more factory look or is that the APR one? I'm gonna have to do some youtubing to see how they all sound

Thanks

I'm interested to see how ditching the expensive Helmholtz resonators on the OEM air filter intake pipework adds to the supercharger whine / intake rush.

I'm going to test drive Revo's S5 in a couple of weeks to see what it's like so I'll do some sound recordings and post them up.

Reactions: Shrek5 and Rich M
Ave the Carbino intake pipe on my 2012 S4 V6T and K&N Direct replacement Cone Filter, And from inside the Car u don't notice much difference in Sound, but u notice a fair difference in the freeness to Rev, Not sure how it sounds from Outside under load.

Reactions: sparks and warren_S5
MRC do a replacement filter and pipe. Similar in appearance to AWE but significantly cheaper than that REVO link you posted..

Very slightly more charger noise but not enough to be a concern.

MRC do a replacement filter and pipe. Similar in appearance to AWE but significantly cheaper than that REVO link you posted..

Very slightly more charger noise but not enough to be a concern.

Does it have heat coating. Zircotec coating on Revo unit is what jacked the price up.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
USP Motorsports do an induction kit for your S4. The carbonio induction kits don't get a good write up in the US as many owners have complained that they don't get any extra noise or gains. Not sure if K&N do an Typhoon kit for the S4 , but that's the kit I have ordered for my 2.0 TFSI, due to the excellent reviews about noise and gains.

I'm interested to see how ditching the expensive Helmholtz resonators on the OEM air filter intake pipework adds to the supercharger whine / intake rush.

I'm going to test drive Revo's S5 in a couple of weeks to see what it's like so I'll do some sound recordings and post them up.

Indeed i read somewhere (but can't remember where) that there is a lot of sound proofing inside the pipework

USP Motorsports do an induction kit for your S4. The carbonio induction kits don't get a good write up in the US as many owners have complained that they don't get any extra noise or gains. Not sure if K&N do an Typhoon kit for the S4 , but that's the kit I have ordered for my 2.0 TFSI, due to the excellent reviews about noise and gains.

USP is a new one for me so will have a look at that. I had a look for a K&N kit as those are what I have always used but its just a panel filter for the S4.

As you say the APR carbonio seems mixed (although gives a good OE finish), the AWE from what i've heard in the vids is quite loud, the MRC one would be a good one to investigate further.

BUT I still seem to be swaying towards to Revo one.

Thanks for your input guys, choosing mods when there are so many can be tricky

Regards
Rich

Last edited:
The Carbino is Carbon fibre , very light and looks good under the Hood, Any after market induction Pipe that replaces the standard one will see gains, but to get the Charger wine louder u need to Replace the Airfilter box with a open Fillter design .... the standard filter in the S4 V6T is a large cone type

Ave the Carbino intake pipe on my 2012 S4 V6T and K&N Direct replacement Cone Filter, And from inside the Car u don't notice much difference in Sound, but u notice a fair difference in the freeness to Rev, Not sure how it sounds from Outside under load.

I have the same set up on mine as Rabie and yep it rev's a lot better plus pulls a lot better to!

The Carbino is Carbon fibre , very light and looks good under the Hood, Any after market induction Pipe that replaces the standard one will see gains, but to get the Charger wine louder u need to Replace the Airfilter box with a open Fillter design .... the standard filter in the S4 V6T is a large cone type

Would it not be possible to leave the top of the filter box off then? Seeing as it has a cone filter as standard. I presume the standard box (the sides anyway) offers some kind of protection against engine heat soak.

I know how some people are saying they would like to hear the supercharger whine more. I would hope that in the S4 that it would make a better noise than the horrendous whine that you can hear from the supercharger in a Mini Cooper S.

Last edited:
The Revo induction kit looks too home made in my opinion and the price is ridiculous!

BSR might do a kit if you e-mail them. I e-mailed them about one for my car and they told me they have kits not listed on their website yet.
You can buy separate components (not that expensive from BSR!) like pipes and heat shield etc, and then you could buy a cone filter from K&N to create your own kit.

Ooooh didn't know Revo/Stasis made an intake yet for the S4, interesting!

The price though :O

I will second the Revo intake though in the S3, much better than my ITG for noise and performance

This is the K&N and Standard Filter, the filter bolts to the top of the Airbox and the Induction pipe also fits to it, Ur only option would be to Drill holes on the Lower part of the Box, My set up is for Improved Acceleration , and throttle response ... Not sound , On saying that , from a pedestrians position when booting it up, it might be loud , but from inside the cabin there's not much difference .

Reactions: Rich M
Kind of swaying towards the AWE kit now. Found a good video and whilst you can hear the supercharger its doesn't sound intrusive. Not sure about power gains but i'm sure there will be benefits and it has a more OE look

AWE Tuning Audi 3.0T S-FLO Intake System - Audi Performance - Make | AWE Tuning

Although bit of difference in price between black and the carbon version. The pipe also looks like a silicone pipe so could be susceptible to heat soak

Kind of swaying towards the AWE kit now. Found a good video and whilst you can hear the supercharger its doesn't sound intrusive. Not sure about power gains but i'm sure there will be benefits and it has a more OE look

AWE Tuning Audi 3.0T S-FLO Intake System - Audi Performance - Make | AWE Tuning

Although bit of difference in price between black and the carbon version. The pipe also looks like a silicone pipe so could be susceptible to heat soak

Silicone hoses get hot, but nothing like as hot as metal. Yes they get hot, but then cool much quicker when they get cool air running through them again. I had a metal pipe running over the turbo housing and we had to build a heat shield and then wrap it as it was scorching hot. Silicone will never get so hot you can't touch it. The only way to cool the metal pipes sufficiently is a Zircotec or heat resistant coating, or heat reflective tape (e.g. Gold tape from Agriemach), but it adds cost. Metal pipes make more noise, so it's about finding the kit with the right balance of build to meet your needs.

Silicone hoses get hot, but nothing like as hot as metal. Yes they get hot, but then cool much quicker when they get cool air running through them again. I had a metal pipe running over the turbo housing and we had to build a heat shield and then wrap it as it was scorching hot. Silicone will never get so hot you can't touch it. The only way to cool the metal pipes sufficiently is a Zircotec or heat resistant coating, or heat reflective tape (e.g. Gold tape from Agriemach), but it adds cost. Metal pipes make more noise, so it's about finding the kit with the right balance of build to meet your needs.

Indeed, i'm surprised of how many kits there are to choose from, each have their own benefits and it makes choosing one that suites my needs very hard

Agreed. The aftermarket kits are expensive for marginal gains. Plastic looks cheap but is an excellent conductor of heat. Carbon smartens up the bay, but it costs. I'm still quite undecided on this part as whilst I want it, it's a big outlay vs. other parts which add more bhp/£. That said it will all add to the experience, and you can't put a price on that.

Last edited:
Yes the Revo filter is Zircotec coated, which makes a huge difference to the intake temps. The cars feel far more responsive and the sound is simpley awesome!

There's a video here, however sounds over amplified due to position of the external mic, so not this loud, but gives an idea -
Revo DSG software testing with supercharged Audi S5 - YouTube

Please note these filters are Revo branded, same as the one shown that we produce for STaSIS in the US.

Available from Demon Tweeks, LVS -Racing and many other Revo resellers.

Attachments

• Revo_S5_Intake_System-550x365.jpg
    Revo_S5_Intake_System-550x365.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 780
Reactions: AFN1980 and warren_S5
Holly Sh*t that's loud, Not sure I'd last long driving 3-4hrs listening to the charger...

I concur. I can get that level of whining from my kids for hours, don't need it in the car. :)

Reactions: warren_S5 and Rab.

The Carbinio fitted to My S4 , Not sure what £ percentage went towards the Fancy Sticker it Has, Gave it a fair Boot the Day, And u do Hear the Charger Whine when ur on ur Private Road ;)

Reactions: warren_S5 and Martyn_V6