S4 arrives on the 18th

Power_Junkie

Reaction score
Im so excited, the S4 will be ready on the 18th, cant wait now. ever since i drove it for a week the S3 has not felt the same. I will get pics up as soon as i can, already booked in to Polished Bliss for a new car detail/protection.
Maybe tempted too look for the chip in a years time ;)

I got mine yesterday, and i went for a new car detail by Auto Finesse (top guys).

I am going to get some photos at the weekend. I bet the wait is killing you :)

Yeah i cant wait now, Just dropped the S3 info upto the dealer so the plate can be changed over etc, the car is here somewhere but didnt see it :(
How are you all getting on with them.

Yeah i cant wait now, Just dropped the S3 info upto the dealer so the plate can be changed over etc, the car is here somewhere but didnt see it :(
How are you all getting on with them.

Fine so far, only really driven it back from the dealer - about 60 miles. Sat in it, and made vagcom changes - LED's stay on with indicators, emergency flashing brake lights, lap timer and oil temp, hidden menu enabled. Will probably see if I can get the passenger mirror dipping when reversing.

Do you think they sit a little high (big wheel arch gap)?

Congrats on the new car yargnat.

Whats all this with hidden menus...??

I'd like to see oil temp and have dipped passenger mirror etc etc. Is this something you do?

Loving mine as well. The colour is just outstanding. Going to get some good photos at the weekend (weather permitting) with a nice write up of all my loves.

LOL, i didnt know the LEDS went off with the indicators (more reasearch required) :)

Congrats on the new car yargnat.

Whats all this with hidden menus...??

I'd like to see oil temp and have dipped passenger mirror etc etc. Is this something you do?

There are all kinds of settings in the hidden menu, but I'm too scared to change them!!

As for the oil temp, and dipping mirror, you just need a vagcom cable (which I happen to have) and the settings are on different forums - I found them on Audizine.
Will test out the mirror dipping this weekend, and see if that works.
If you don't mind a journey, I don't mind setting them up for you.

There are all kinds of settings in the hidden menu, but I'm too scared to change them!!

As for the oil temp, and dipping mirror, you just need a vagcom cable (which I happen to have) and the settings are on different forums - I found them on Audizine.
Will test out the mirror dipping this weekend, and see if that works.
If you don't mind a journey, I don't mind setting them up for you.

Hum, thanks. Let me know how you get on. :)

I Had the dipping Mirror on the demo car we had, what is involved with the vagcom? the cable + program?
Also the wife has been asking about the Milltek, what other options are good for a bit better noise?

I Had the dipping Mirror on the demo car we had, what is involved with the vagcom? the cable + program?
Also the wife has been asking about the Milltek, what other options are good for a bit better noise?

For vagcom, it's pretty simple, just connect it, and select the appropriate control module, then change the correct "bit". The software guides you through it. The hard part is getting hold of the cable to make the changes. It's expensive to buy - around 300 pounds if I remember correctly.

I thought about Milltek, but I will wait. More interested in an Eibach Sport Spring set at the moment, although waiting to see how much the car settles.

have to say i am intrigued by this vag-com thread (didnt know you can muck about with your car so much). anyone know if there's a chance of invalidating warranty if audi can tell that you've been meddling? also, are there sufficient "tweaks" that would make the investment worthwhile, or is it just something to entertain the more tecchy of us?

Did you nearly say "nerdy" of us? LOL, only kidding.

I have to admit to being interested, but not enough to risk a void warranty for a dipping mirror though, very cool even as it is.

of course not...i work in IT, so i'm the last person to be calling people nerdy :p tending to agree with you though!

I can't imagine an auto-dipping mirror would invalidate warranty, but you never know I guess.
Of the changes made so far, the oil temp is the most useful. Takes longer to warm up than you might think - a good 5-10 minutes after the coolant has come up to temperature.

I drove past the dealer and spotted it, still waiting for the number plate to go on, its looking lovely.

I drove past the dealer and spotted it, still waiting for the number plate to go on, its looking lovely.

Just joined this forum a few minutes ago. Interested to see that you are waiting fr anew S4 and that you are in Aberdeen. Me too! I ordere mine towards the end of Jan. Manufacturer date was something like 22nd Feb. Been told today that its still in Germany awaiting shipment to Grimsby. Apparently they ship out on the Fri and Tuesday of each week. The system updates tonight so with any luck it will at least be in the UK by now. How long did it taketo get yours up from there?

We put the order in dec so about a month before you, but i expect it was in the same build time,
Going up tomorrow at 12 with the camera to pick it up and say a fond fair well to the S3. Pics will be up as soon as i can. im so excited now lol

We put the order in dec so about a month before you, but i expect it was in the same build time,
Going up tomorrow at 12 with the camera to pick it up and say a fond fair well to the S3. Pics will be up as soon as i can. im so excited now lol

Brilliant news and so pleased for you. Did you see that Aberdeen Audi are selling the white S4 that probably both you and I tested. That was a really highly spec'ed car,......if fact thinking about it, I can't think of any worth while option it didn't have!

They are looking for £43k and I remember one of the guys saying it was spec'ed to 50k.

I'm going for a phantom saloon with black optic, S-Tronic, HDD Sat Nav, Sports seats, Drive select with damper control, sunroof, 19" 5 spoke, B&O with the DAB iPOD thing. When negotiating I was able to "go halfs" for the cost difference between the cheap sat nav and the HDD one. I got 10% off the drive select and damper control and the folding mirrors were thrown in for free. Of course, the way they show all that is to keep the new car price the same and just add it on to the price they give you for the trade in. Initially I was offered £15k but that went up to £16500 when we were all done. Happy!!

Its here
S4front-1.jpg

S4Back-1.jpg

Its has full spec minus the TV, Sunroof and black pack.
I will get more pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, I will get pics of the inside tomorrow,
bcampbell We did offer to buy the demo car, but i think i like the non black pack on the white car. and the colour of the seats makes it a little brighter.

Yeaaaaaaa, nice !!!!!

hope you have it home by now. I was wrong about the demo, its actually £44k nice but,..........I've driven it!

I know a local guy who had had one of the first S4 Avants in Aberdeen, he needed a new water pump yesterday and also needed a software upgrate for his S-Tronic. Did the guys at audi mention anything about your car in terms of already having been given a software upgrate or anything like that?

As for mine, well, I think it was on a boat due to dock in Grimsby tonight. Just come in from a night out and the wife has just advised that Audi were on the phone earlier on in the evening so heres hoping...

Some of the inside I took before heading to work. It is booked in to Polished Bliss for a Full new car protection next month.
P3190049.jpg

P3190047.jpg

P3190050.jpg

I went to Polished Bliss who kitted me up with a stack of stuff all kept for when the new car arrives. What exactly are they doing for you? How mutch are they charging and what do you think the advantages will be?

We had the S3 done by them, they give it a full detail polish then we had the Zymol Vintage wax applied. It lasted 3 years even when really dirty just a quick wash off and it was like new again, The pics are in here somewhere, I will try find them. I think it was well worth it cost is about £300.

getting used to the size now, I have the dipping mirror already, maybe its on the new cars as std?