S4 Avant front grill options?

Fossil23

Reaction score
I've bought a new S4 Avant in Mythos black (absolutely love it). It was a stock car so no choice of options it has a lot of chrome trim and wondered what options/prices were available for a black grill? Thanks, Simon.

Wow! That looks great, but am torn which one to go for, I've got chrome/satin on, roof rails/door handles/lower bumper side grills/exhausts maybe the full on black version would be 2 much, what are your thoughts also has anybody changed a grill and is it straight forward? May have to try some photo shop

I'd go for the all black version as I've got the black pack on mine so it would suit better.

I've changed the one on my B8.5, it wasn't bad at all. Took about an hour once I knew what I was doing. Not sure about the B9 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree it would look awesome if the rest of my trim was black, but I'm swaying towards the black/satin silver honeycomb grill as I think the all black would stand out to much with other trim

Reactions: Daggerit
IMG 0589

Dodgy photoshop of black/satin silver honeycomb Xenon grill, thoughts please.
Also has anybody removed a B9 grill? Is it a big job, e.g. Bumper off? Thanks.

Last edited:
IMG 0602

Think I might go with the black OEM grill, will keep the car looking classy

Image001

I asked my local dealer about an OEM BLACK grill for my S4, he came back and said there are several showing on his system and depends if you have strengthened bumpers and radar etc ?? He says he thinks it's dark grey, but if you go to configurator you can either have chrome grill or black edition (black?).

Does anybody know if this is correct? My vehicle detail sheet date is 11 Sep 2016, and looking at the options list on it there is nothing above standard fit that would have anything to do with the bumper, the only thing I see looking at the car is that the 2 parking sensors are grey.

So can anybody confirm the Part number of the above grill (Black) if it will fit? and maybe even a part number for black parking sensors, thanks in advance, Simon.

Not an S4 unfortunately but I plasti dipped mine at the weekend and also did the lower rear plastic that is grey. Personally was never fond of the grey plastic and chrome front end.
bcea3d7262332db729e92163898bac2f.jpg

7976c77b8e02c8cf39a255ced5e58db0.jpg

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Keef and Daggerit
Marmite I guess, I prefer the chrome grill but the rear diffuser would look better in black with Matador Red..

Not an S4 unfortunately but I plasti dipped mine at the weekend and also did the lower rear plastic that is grey. Personally was never fond of the grey plastic and chrome front end.
bcea3d7262332db729e92163898bac2f.jpg

7976c77b8e02c8cf39a255ced5e58db0.jpg

Did you remove the bumper yourself if so did it take long?

No need to remove the bumper with plastidip. Just mask the area and leave enough unmasked to peel unwanted material away.
a1cdc5da4acf9e2dedd8064afe8a2223.jpg

Marmite I guess, I prefer the chrome grill but the rear diffuser would look better in black with Matador Red..

Super easy to do, you could do the grill and peel off the dip to keep the chrome. The grey just gives a cheap look I've always felt.

Reactions: cuke2u
Is the plastidip finish durable? And are you happy with the finish, I mean does it look like it should be there or does it look out of place, thanks.

Is the plastidip finish durable? And are you happy with the finish, I mean does it look like it should be there or does it look out of place, thanks.
I applied 6 coats, time will tell what the durability is I suppose but its reportedly very good. The finish is good, very smooth and doesn't look like a cheap job.

It's good durability iv even pressure washed it on wheels without issue

cleaning it is a touch different tho, if you google it there is a certain way to do it and I can't remember what.
sure it's a type of cloth of some description you use.

No plastidip is NOT durable even with correct prep and application. Lasted around around 3 months on my B8.

Be aware that most sellers (especially on eBay) selling Grilles marked 'B9' are actually B8.5 Grilles and will not fit.