S4 Avant ordering advice

Daggerit

Reaction score
Hey all,

Having taken a test drive this week, I'm certain I want to go ahead and order one for myself...

I'd like to have a September '67 plate delivery so was looking to find out what people's lead time experiences are like so I can plan.

Last time I ordered an Audi I was quoted 5-6 months and it came in 3 and I didn't have my deposit ready as a result so some examples from those that have received their cars would be really helpful!

Also, I was planning on choosing basically all the options minus the memory seats, dynamic steering and the advanced parking (if I remember rightly) so if there's any options people think really aren't worth it I'd appreciate the input. I recognise it's all down to personal preference but I'd like to see what people have to say.

Cheers guys!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef
Ordered 2nd November, arrived yesterday! A bit delayed due to Christmas, etc so you're looking about 8-10 weeks currently. May be longer in the rush for the new registration though?

Reactions: Daggerit
Good choice!
I'm sure we aquired 3.0TDis at similar times!
I ordered my S4 last Saturday (7th) I've got a provisional build date of w.c 3rd April so that puts me in early May for collection, although I'm hoping for an improvement on those dates.

Reactions: Daggerit
Good choice!
I'm sure we aquired 3.0TDis at similar times!
I ordered my S4 last Saturday (7th) I've got a provisional build date of w.c 3rd April so that puts me in early May for collection, although I'm hoping for an improvement on those dates.

Yeah I seem to think that we did! Great minds, obviously. Haha.

Seems like from you two so far it's pretty similar to last time I ordered and it's close to a three month wait. That should make a June order a good plan for a September delivery then!

My understanding is that the prices and deals that Audi offer are based on yearly quarters, so orders placed in Q1 are valid for deliveries in Q2, etc. To order in time for a September delivery, you may be restricted to ordering that car in April at the earliest - with whatever price increase they add at that point, if any.

I'm in a similar position - currently in a lease car that goes back mid-Sept, so looking for an early 67 plate. Had a test drive last weekend and absolutely loved the car which made both mine and Mrs D's mind up that this is the car for us. My last Audi (stock BE 8.5) took 6 months so was fully expecting the same but the sales manager said that S4's are on the standard 3 to 4 month delivery so nothing they can do until May at best. Did say that there are likely to be better Audi contributions by then as well, or at least won't be any worse. It's killing me waiting but got no choice! Roll on May....

I'm in a similar position - currently in a lease car that goes back mid-Sept, so looking for an early 67 plate. Had a test drive last weekend and absolutely loved the car which made both mine and Mrs D's mind up that this is the car for us. My last Audi (stock BE 8.5) took 6 months so was fully expecting the same but the sales manager said that S4's are on the standard 3 to 4 month delivery so nothing they can do until May at best. Did say that there are likely to be better Audi contributions by then as well, or at least won't be any worse. It's killing me waiting but got no choice! Roll on May....

Nice to hear that there might be larger contributions then. Just a shame about having to wait and getting the knock on VED increase and model price increase too...

Won't put me off but just means more out of the pocket each month unfortunately!

Reactions: Brasso
10 weeks from order to collection. Could have had it in 9wk 4days, it was straight out the factory and onto a boat with no delays for shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit and Keef