S4 B6 air con fault sorted

Devilhunter

Reaction score
So I booked the car into a local air con garage as I have very little cold air and the econ button is mostly permanently on. They checked it and I expected the usual temp sender fault but surprise surprise it was just low gas (probably due to doing very little miles in the last 2 years) so a clean and recharge got back to ice cold and the grand total was £59 ! It so much nicer now.
Right next up is to see if I can get the RNSE to read the sat nav disc buy cleaning the laser. Failing that its being repaired.
I did consider getting an upgraded unit but I am gonna keep it stock then its the big one for me - getting the factory HID xenon headlights brighter as they are pants and being a convertible it narrows the options I have right down.

So I booked the car into a local air con garage as I have very little cold air and the econ button is mostly permanently on. They checked it and I expected the usual temp sender fault but surprise surprise it was just low gas (probably due to doing very little miles in the last 2 years) so a clean and recharge got back to ice cold and the grand total was £59 ! It so much nicer now.
Right next up is to see if I can get the RNSE to read the sat nav disc buy cleaning the laser. Failing that its being repaired.
I did consider getting an upgraded unit but I am gonna keep it stock then its the big one for me - getting the factory HID xenon headlights brighter as they are pants and being a convertible it narrows the options I have right down.
Hi, I'm interested in what you ended up doing to improve the headlights. Mine are not in great shape; I can restore the lenses but it does feel the light output has degraded materially over the years. Searching online for replacements doesn't give many options as you note.

I improved my light output by buying a pair of like new Deco OE replacement units on eBay for £70, output is mint now