S4 B8.5 Avant Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit Suspension

Lemonski

Reaction score
Hello

I had put a previous post regarding OEM rear shocks for my S4 Avant B8.4 and another forum member recommended Bilstein shocks ( Bilstein B4, OEM ride height but a better shock ) or the B6 Shock which I believe the Pro Kit uses.

So has anyone else gone from OEM on their S4 to Bilstein B12 Pro Kit and if so what is the ride like compared to standard? I see it is approx 25mm lower and Bilstein do say close to OEM for comfort just better body control through the bends and improved shocks.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Lee

I have an SQ5 not S4 but I have the B8 Bilstein (green comfort version) and Eibcah pro springs.
That basically is the B12 pro kit, they are also the same shocks that fit yours.
Body roll has been all but eliminated for me which is great for a 2 tonne SUV and the ride is still very compliant.
My drop is 10mm at most but I wasnt looking for ground hugging, just a better and more controlled ride.
As long as your looking for similar, you wont be disappointed.

I have an SQ5 not S4 but I have the B8 Bilstein (green comfort version) and Eibcah pro springs.
That basically is the B12 pro kit, they are also the same shocks that fit yours.
Body roll has been all but eliminated for me which is great for a 2 tonne SUV and the ride is still very compliant.
My drop is 10mm at most but I wasnt looking for ground hugging, just a better and more controlled ride.
As long as your looking for similar, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Like you I do not want the car slammed, I want as close to OEM look as possible, but would welcome a more controlled ride.
Not that the S4 is bad, but if I am going to have to change the shocks I may as well improve the ride. I have an 034 Motorsport rear ARB to fit aswell which I have heard makes a big difference.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply.

Like you I do not want the car slammed, I want as close to OEM look as possible, but would welcome a more controlled ride.
Not that the S4 is bad, but if I am going to have to change the shocks I may as well improve the ride. I have an 034 Motorsport rear ARB to fit aswell which I have heard makes a big difference.

Cheers
I had the 034 rear arb on my S3 and I would recommend that too

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk