S4 B8.5 Quattro Alignment

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Folks,

Planing on taking my car tomorrow morning for quattro alignment. I am currently running 255/35/19 (8.5) and on Eibach ProKit lowering springs (20mm/15mm) with no spacers. I was wondering what would be the ideal setup with the lowering springs for minimum tyre wear (toe). I understand camber would be non-adjustable but would appreciate the ideal settings for camber/caster and toe.

Is there any link I can use an take a print out to take with me tomorrow.

Thanks

Reactions: frankc
There is no 1 set ideal for everyone setup, it all depends how you use the car. If you drive hard, corner quick and wear your outside edges then a little camber can help with even wear. Mine has always been set with zero toe on the rear but I think a little toe in up front to help stability

Reactions: V6_Man
There is no 1 set ideal for everyone setup, it all depends how you use the car. If you drive hard, corner quick and wear your outside edges then a little camber can help with even wear. Mine has always been set with zero toe on the rear but I think a little toe in up front to help stability

Cheers mate. So, what do you think about the below. This was my previous setup and tbh, I didn't like the ride and specially cornering/handling.
34cc43cd8e89bf9769ce621506bdda02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may well find that the altered toe/camber you got from lowering is actually beneficial handling wise.
The downside being maybe a touch of extra wear to the inner edge of the tyre

Reactions: V6_Man
You may well find that the altered toe/camber you got from lowering is actually beneficial handling wise.
The downside being maybe a touch of extra wear to the inner edge of the tyre

Cheers XP. Tbh, I can already feel the difference. I wanted to get it adjusted but wasn't sure if the current setup after lowering was the right one. Guess we will have to try for few days and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: xpoweruk