S4 B8 wheel arch rusting

Martin1953

Reaction score
Hi
Following previous post re the above problem ,a member has suggested using the B8 forum to see if anyone has had success with a dealer in Cheshire or NW re agreeinf to repair the corrosion to the wheel arch under the 12 yr warranty?

Not quite the same - but I got some rust on my tailgate. Audi would do nothing, they just took some pictures and sent them off who said it was paint issue thus not covered. I just got it repaired and took it to small claims, they tried to wiggle out of it a bit but settled in the end which covered my costs.

They will always try to claim issue under paint warranty which of course is far shorter. The wing issue is because they put no protection found the edge (rectified in the B8.5) most of the time.

Cheers mate...think I might try the same course of action.The local body shop are quoting about £450 per arch to do a proper job ie taking the wing off and addressing the rust on the inside too !

Anyone got an ebay link to the Wheel arch stone protector for the B8.5 that I could modify and fix to my B8?

I had my wheel arches replaced by Audi under paint warranty as they said this shouldn’t happen on a car this age. It was a few years ago now and my car is a 2010. The paint was blistering and flaking off from the lower inner arch.

The Audi dealer measuring the paint and said it was thinner and therefore must have been repainted at some point. I still took it to the Audi / listers approved bodyshop who said paint often is thinner at certain points and that did not matter and they would put a request into Audi which was successful.

Thanks for the advice.Iasked my local Audi dealer for a copy of the paint depth analysis and photos they took but they were unable to provide it and said it was stone damage.I remain of the view that it's internal corrosion and should be covered by the warranty.
Am currently pursuing a claim with the Motor Ombudsmen.Will keep you posted!