S4 B9 exhaust valves

Oli1212

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is there anyway to code the car so the exhaust valves are permanently open? Using an OBDELEVEN?

Or how easy are they to remove and does removing them throw up any error codes?

Hi guys,

Is there anyway to code the car so the exhaust valves are permanently open? Using an OBDELEVEN?

Or how easy are they to remove and does removing them throw up any error codes?

Not sure about the OBD option, but they’re really easy to disconnect just by reaching up under the car.

No faults on the dash or anything, but I believe it does flag a ‘soft’ fault that’s just held in the background for information but doesn’t actually affect anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the OBD option, but they’re really easy to disconnect just by reaching up under the car.

No faults on the dash or anything, but I believe it does flag a ‘soft’ fault that’s just held in the background for information but doesn’t actually affect anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just make sure if you unplug them to buy caps or tape them up to protect them from the elements, otherwise when you plug them back in they’ll no longer work due to water ingress.

Reactions: Sibmets
Thanks for the info guys.

I assume I’ll need to have the car jacked up or on a ramp to get these off?

Nope, can just lie down and pop them off, I cut a couple of fingers off a rubber glove and slid them in there and cable tied them

Reactions: Daggerit