s4 bumper on a4

olds_kool

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
just got hold of an s4 front bumper

not sure what year its from, is there such a thing as facelift front bumper?

does is it just bolt straight on to my a4 facelift

and how do you connect lamp washers, they seem to have garden hose size connections

will have a go tommorrow but any pointers would be great, cheers fellas

Pre notice the small fogs and grilles
s4prefacefrontbumper.jpg

Face notice the bigger fogs and grilles
s4facefrontbumper.jpg

bumber brackets IIRC use pre face ones

just got hold of an s4 front bumper

not sure what year its from, is there such a thing as facelift front bumper?
IIRC yes grilles and fogs thats it
does is it just bolt straight on to my a4 facelift?
no you will need S4 and i think they are pre face brackets
and how do you connect lamp washers, they seem to have garden hose size connections?
i believe you will need some kind of relay and an additional pump, i will be looking into this myself as well, i can see where the additional pump will fit just need to make a hole, IIRC as ours are facelifts they has 4.5 litres as standard.

also you will need S4 front shock type brackets although i managed to use my existing ones

did you get one the same colour?

Last edited:
You wil 100% need the s4 side brachets and you can get away with the standard bumper struts but you need longer bolts and will need to glue washers or something onto the ends to raise where the bumper rests onto,thats what i did.

cheers !
its a facelift one then from those pics, fogs are missing though but its the right colour, got a cupra splitter kicking about somewhere to go on it

are they specific s4 side brackets or pre facelift a4 ones (ive got some of them)
do the wings have holes for mounting brackets?

the holes are there from memory, you may have to move some of those little white square things that the screws go into to fill the new placement.

I had to change brackets as i had a facelift bumper, some say the preface ones are the same, if you have them there, offer them to the bumper, soon see.

the holes are there from memory, you may have to move some of those little white square things that the screws go into to fill the new placement.
can 100% confim just need to move those white things

I have fitted a facelift s4 front bumper to my pre-facelift audi a4 and i had to buy the bumper brackets and longer bolts + new side brackets (those are fine if your car is a pre-facelift i had a broken one !). You can get away with spacing the front mounts using glue and washers but the bolts are a must. Foglights are dear-about 65 quid each in dealer but they crop on the bay from time to time - got mine for 30 quid from audisrs. Bumper washer pumps are again about 65 quid each and in my oppinion not necessary, just glue the covers onto the bumper to cover the holes. The covers are cheap at the dealer- about 6-7 quid each but they need spraying. ou lucky that you found one in the right colour and complete with grills, i had to buy and spray mine !

The pre-facelift side brackets are the same as S4 ones.

The bumper shocks are specific to the S4 although some people bodge them up with spacers.

Foglights are different pre-post facelift. Pre has a round hole and a round dome shaped foglamp sticks thru. Facelift has a flat glass screen flush with the grille and the foglamp sits behind it.

Personally i'd make the washers work, its not going to be too difficult, just a case of getting hold of the right parts and wiring it up!

its got washers and covers but cant see any electrical connections, i thought they where pressure activated?
i thought it would be a case of fitting a double pump from an avant but guessing it needs a more powerfull seperate one as hose connection at bumper is garden hose size

will have to keep an eye out for some facelift fogs but not that bothered, never use them anyway

The pressure of the water pushes the jet thing up, the electrics are all related to the pump itself, and yer its a high pressure high flow system. Really guzzles the water!

i bought a new pump from a place online cant remember where ill ry and find out

It really needs a relay so it only runs the pump when the lights are on, otherwise you'll be out filling up the bottle every 20mins :p

I wadged a relay under the steering cover thing with the wiring connectors. So it only came on with the lights.

Only thing i didnt think of was when they froze it tried to lift the washers and blew the headlamp fuse, just be aware and its all good

is this how the S4 ones are wired up?

fitted the bumper, got some bolts from local fastener company for a quid
chopped down another set of bumper mount inserts to use as spacers then removed headlights so i could slide them in, would've taken a few washers!
going to leave washers for now

had a nightmare trying to line up drivers side, think wings a bit out of shape

will post some pics after ive washed car, seems to be covered in volcanic dust?

well done kev look forward to those pics