S4 Competitors

SMI77

Australia
Reaction score
https://www.goauto.com.au/new-model...ectrifies-with-e53-trio/2018-10-18/75961.html
It is arguable hat the E53 is not the model directly against the S4, as that is reserved for its smaller brother, the C53. It, when released, replacing the current 3.0 V6 C43, will share the same E53 mild hybrid engine, abeit de-tuned as weighing less, hence the '53' number. This 3.0 in-line 6cyl. motor Merc engine code 256, similarly like our B9 S4 engine, has been developed to accept mild hybrid tech. and be used as a corporate base power unit in many models. Amazing how Merc & Audi appear to be parallel in so many ideas!!

Particularly in DTUK threads, owners have concerns about the stress of mild enhancements to the S4.
Note the code 256 engine has been reported at 40% thermal efficiency, although this may be a dyno stat.
In addition, the mild hybrid is apparently 50kw more, but minimal nm, over the previous non-hybrid version. As the current E43 is 295kw (+20kw on the C43), that is only 50% increase to the new E53, way understressed for future models etc.
A mild hybrid B10 S4 is a no-brainer.

Aww, saw the title and thought you were offering the chance to win an S4. Very disappointed!

Reactions: Sandra, scotty76, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
OK, you got me. Exactly why the English language is so confusing, so many meanings of the same word/s.
Actually, I have entered in a competition with the Audi Foundation, a charity 50% Audi Australia & 50% a number of Audi dealers in Aust. Prize is a S5, drawn in Dec. So I may be able to fulfil your dreams after all. ;-)

Reactions: Sandra
OK, you got me. Exactly why the English language is so confusing, so many meanings of the same word/s.
So are there separate words in Australian for the two meanings of "competition" in this context?

"The script was only slightly rewritten for the benefit of American audiences who were unlikely to have been familiar with Morecambe and Wise."
I was firmly of the opinion that the Americans would have not been able to handle any decent comedy, particularly of that British era!

Agreed, I think some americans have always struggled with our humour and satire, however I dated one who absolutely loved monty python. Her nickname was anglophile funnily enough and she is one of the reasons I have ended up being cuke2u, long story...

Reactions: Sandra
"Going head to head with Mercedes-AMG’s C43 and Audi’s S4, the M340i will serve as the flagship of the latest 3 Series until a fully fledged M3 comes along."

https://www.goauto.com.au/future-mo...ow-m340i-in-tinsel-town/2018-11-14/76445.html
The front of that 3 series looks horrendous, have Honda designers been involved in the design?

3274ff8459a6686b4ca5769bf523e8d3c82c9abe

Reactions: Peter Huggon, Kakatk and Hambee1234