S4 DSG noise in park

Kaneo101

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2014 S4 with the dsg box. Have noticed I noise coming from the box when in park. Anyone else had this. Any information would be much appreciated.

Hello. I have a 2014 S4 with the dsg box. Have noticed I noise coming from the box when in park. Anyone else had this. Any information would be much appreciated.

I have a 14 plate but not sure exactly what kind of noise you are talking about here. Can you please be more specific? What kind of noise? Do you have the brake paddle pressed or not. Is the HHA active or not.

Easiest thing would be to scan if you have VCDS. These online forums can be a source of unwanted stress and it is often difficult to diagnose without looking at the car in person.

Also, I have recently learned from own experience that if the car is running fine and there are no error messages on the DIS then there is nothing wrong with the car.

Reactions: DickoB8 and DieselJake
It seems like a rattle. (Bearing) but only when it’s warm. Put it in drive and seems to stop. Drives fine and takes gears perfectly in D/S are pedals. Thanks for the reply.

It seems like a rattle. (Bearing) but only when it’s warm. Put it in drive and seems to stop. Drives fine and takes gears perfectly in D/S are pedals. Thanks for the reply.

Does the noise come when you rev it up while parked say for example between or to a specific rev range or it is there throughout and goes away only when the engine is either warm and/or you drive away.

Started the car this morning. Was loud just after start up. When settled down, near no noise. When raving the it seems ok. Only when it’s taking over in park it’s there. When I put it in drive it seems to stop.

Started the car this morning. Was loud just after start up. When settled down, near no noise. When raving the it seems ok. Only when it’s taking over in park it’s there. When I put it in drive it seems to stop.
Was this an issue or normal. Have the same thing with my 2015 s4