S4 exhaust round up and reviews

Only £1640 if you want the black tips, the £1440 on other sites are not black.

Tips photo Image

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Keef and xpoweruk
Personally I think black tips are the way to go.The S4 does seem quite prone to sooty exhaust tips

Reactions: Chop. and razza1
I'm really I love with this one, it's so easy to live with. I'm looking for something to score it down but I'm struggling!

If it ever stops raining long enough I'll get a sound clip. The weather here is unbelievable !

Those tips are just a bit too aftermarket for me, otherwise it looks/sounds like a great option. Have really enjoyed following this thread, keep us posted!

Tips look like scaffold.
Would look 100% better with inward rolled ends or Miltek style.

I really like the tips, I have a photo of the black black but it's too big to upload. I think they are better in the flesh.

I'm going to finish this review thread with this scorpion exhaust I think, the quest was to find a fast flow, good BHP with no drone. My idea of perfection changed over the test, I thought I wanted more noise but after having more noise, I now think on an Audi less is more. I found myself appreciating the stock exhaust after each of the other tests, this one is just so nice, this is how the car should have been stock. It just has the balance of raspy and classy spot on for me. The weather is really hindering me finishing this review but I will sum up soon as we have a few good days, I'll get some recording done.

I'm working on starting another test as soon as this one is done, look out for a new thread if I can get it sorted..

Reactions: chucky1 and xpoweruk
I had a drive in an S4 yesterday with the APR RSC. Not a big boomy sound. APR have stopped making these for the S4. Must say though, I'm still liking my stock exhaust. Thanks for all this info Fctaff, it's much appreciated.

I had a drive in an S4 yesterday with the APR RSC. Not a big boomy sound. APR have stopped making these for the S4. Must say though, I'm still liking my stock exhaust. Thanks for all this info Fctaff, it's much appreciated.
Apparently they were made by corsa exhausts and rebranded (plus heavily marked up) by APR. They are available from corsa themselves.

Yes, apparently APR were using the anti drone technology on license.

Yes I saw this xp. Per skiptown, same here plus a crappy exchange rate and then not really any back up if there are any issues. I have my doubts if the distributor of APR here would back me if I got it from vivid and bypassed them to get it. Must be the last ones.

Reactions: xpoweruk
It not you know, import duty is separate to vat, I import a lot of stuff.
Having a quick browse, it is entirely dependant on the item being imported.
I have imported exhausts from the usa before and there was no vat added.

I'm booked in at Awesome Gti to have 1 fitted, I hope to god there is no drone as I don't think I'll get my money back on this 1 like I did on the other!

Ryan

Reactions: skiptowncat
Scorpion cat back with polished tips

Reactions: scotty76 and skiptowncat
Make sure it's the new no drone red power, I can 100% say there is no drone. I really love the scorpion, its so easy to live with. My mate said he likes this one, the others were a bit ASBO lol

Out of interest, Why did you go there?
20% off if you go to scorpion direct !

They ordered it in from scorpion for me yesterday, they're local to me and have done all the mods servicing and repairs on my B6 S4 for the last 8 years.

They've also beaten the scorpion discounted price, only by £5 but still it made it a no brainer really.

Only thing is you've got me wondering now wether it is the no drone system! I think a phone call is in order tomorrow to make sure.

Ryan

They ordered it in from scorpion for me yesterday, they're local to me and have done all the mods servicing and repairs on my B6 S4 for the last 8 years.

They've also beaten the scorpion discounted price, only by £5 but still it made it a no brainer really.

Only thing is you've got me wondering now wether it is the no drone system! I think a phone call is in order tomorrow to make sure.

Ryan

Something to consider...
If you have a manual then there is no need for the no-drone system as you will rarely be in the low revs area like the stronic sits at.

Mines an stronic, I had a custom exhaust and the drone was unreal. It was so bad it made me feel sick! Needless to say the custom lasted 40 miles and I went back to standard.

Reactions: scotty76
Something to consider...
If you have a manual then there is no need for the no-drone system as you will rarely be in the low revs area like the stronic sits at.
Surely if your on the motor way your going to be in the drone zone at 70mph even in a manual ?

I've been onto awesome, it's the latest version of their system and apparently they don't make the drone system anymore.

Reactions: razza1 and xpoweruk
Just making sure it was not old stock they had kicking about.

Surely if your on the motor way your going to be in the drone zone at 70mph even in a manual ?
I actually don't know for sure, I remember someone saying drone isn't a problem for the manual cars due to the revs.
Can anyone confirm?

Wife used my car today, so had the pleasure of hearing the Scorpoin start, tick over, manoeuvre and drive away. Sounded really nice. I will get a recording this week for sure.

Hi no-drone Scorpion owners! This system looks too good to be true! I'm definitely interested as I fancied a change from the Milltek anyway.

Serious lack of videos on the net showcasing this system though. I'm most interested in the tone this system produces - does it make the S4 sound like a V6? The resonated Milltek sounds flat as a pancake IMO, whilst the non-res is epic but drones badly under load. Best of both would be the holy grail so I'd love to hear your thoughts now you've had your systems fitted and settled in for a while. Cheers chaps!

It gets better by the day, I have bought a new add on mic for my camera and will put a vid up very very soon. The weather here is chronic and not really film making weather. The wife is off and need someone to drive while I film so not going to miss the opertunity. I'll try and get one over the next few days.

I just can not fault it, I have been trying to find something to mark it down but I can't, I love this exhaust. It's just the right amount of sporty..

Reactions: skiptowncat, jaygemson and xpoweruk
Scorpion

I have been running this exhaust for a considerable time now and just can not find fault with it. It sounds great, beefy without being garish, unobtrusive on your shopping run but gutsy when your playing. The car just sounds purposeful, like it means business but in a classy way, IMO the way an Audi should sound.

I am totally besotted with this exhaust and would not hesitate to recommend it. I know some here were not loving the tips but I have only had good feedback live.

I hate to do it and I really have tried but I just can not find a fault, I have to give it a 10/10

Reactions: scotty76, Stu2w, xpoweruk and 1 other person
Fair play , they've been around for some time now and should know their business.

Just an update, I just ordered the ceramic black cat back exhaust and there's still some places left for the discount if anyone's interested

Last edited:
Reactions: xpoweruk and Fctaff