S4 exhaust round up and reviews

Next time I will test them all at once.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Gazwould, TechNick and 3 others
Got it fitted
Love the sound, power and quality.
Only problem is the right hand tailpipe is almost touching the valance and the left one is centre. The chap said without a lot of heating etc.. He couldn't adjust it without it hitting on something.
Any ideas? Will get a picture later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd ping scorpion a message (assuming you got the scorpion xorst), they seem to be pretty keen on looking after their customers, and considering the price on the systems for the s4 i wouldn't be wanting anything other than perfection.

Last edited:
I'd ping scorpian a message (assuming you got the scorpain xorst), they seem to be pretty keen on looking after their customers, and considering the price on the systems for the s4 i wouldn't be wanting anything other than perfection.

Yeah I went for the scorpion.
Was my thinking as well. Assume it would be an idea to do a load of pictures for them as well

and a sound clip ;) i want one of these systems at some point. I'm sure scorpion will look after you

Last edited:
Reactions: rizzini7
spoke to a chap in the scorpion technical department, I'm going to be taking the car to them in a couple of weeks so they can have a look and sort it for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: xpoweruk and scotty76
Sport diff on mine too no issues

Reactions: ANDYTQ
Hi everyone, I've purchased a scorpion exhaust system, I chose it because of this thread, because of all the praises it has had and most importantly the lack of drone. I got the system Installed today and I have noticed that my system suffers from severe drone under 2k rpm and the system sits far too back, so far back the tips are tucked away under the splitter. Has any had any problem with drone with their scorpion system and with the position of the tips? I will try and upload an image later.

Sounds like you have had the wrong back boxes fitted to your system. Who supplied/fitted It?
If there's 2 separate pipes exiting the back box each side it's the full 'drone' system. If it is a 'Y' pipe coming from the box, then this is the correct 'no drone' back boxes.
Mine had the wrong one fitted originally (drone was awful) Awesome GTI were very good getting the right one sent direct from Scorpion to replace it. The part numbers for the two boxes are different, so it should easily be sorted.

It's is the Y pipe coming from the back box so it should be the non drone one. I've tried uploading an image but it's saying the image resolution is too big, I need to somehow compress the photo. Maybe I should contact scorpion directly?
I bought the system off my friend who owns a company that supplies scorpion exhausts, I gave him the part number which I sourced directly from scorpion website which I assume is the drone free system? I got my local garage to install the system, he knows his stuff and always deals with performance cars.

Last edited:
Here's an image of the system to show how far back its sitting. I know I've got a carbon diffuser but it doesn't stick out much more than the standard diffuser.

Attachments

• scorpion 3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 240
how bad was the drone on the miltek non res at 70? was it only just noticeable or unbearable?

how bad was the drone on the miltek non res at 70? was it only just noticeable or unbearable?

I don't find it that bad at all, I've done several 5-600 mile round trips, it only drones on through a small rev range so just speed up or slow down slightly to get out of that rev range (I have a s-tronic car as well so usually more droney) Where abouts are you based? plenty of us running them so might be someone local that can take you out for a spin

I am in Essex would be great to hear it with my own ears.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ahh I'm in Plymouth so can't offer my own car up, there are some sound clips in the exhaust sticky at the top of the thread lists, pretty sure someone put a video from inside the cabin on there

Scorpion

I have been running this exhaust for a considerable time now and just can not find fault with it. It sounds great, beefy without being garish, unobtrusive on your shopping run but gutsy when your playing. The car just sounds purposeful, like it means business but in a classy way, IMO the way an Audi should sound.

I am totally besotted with this exhaust and would not hesitate to recommend it. I know some here were not loving the tips but I have only had good feedback live.

I hate to do it and I really have tried but I just can not find a fault, I have to give it a 10/10

Thanks a lot for the reviews, they’ve been really useful - I’m pretty much in the same position (S4 is used both on my own and with family) so I can’t have anything too loud and I’m questioning (a) whether or not to even change from stock, and if so (b) which system to go for.

The Scorpion looks good on paper I.e no drone and all that, how would you say it compares to the stock setup though? I presume you prefer it, is it louder, or have a nicer V6 sound to it?

Something I really want a system to do is stop the ****** drone at 2.2 - 2.7k (ish), I know you said it doesn’t drone, but just to clarify, does it drone less than stock? I often see people saying that aftermarket systems suffer from drone but I think the stock exhaust suffers from it!

Thanks for the help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread, very happy I found it!

Any idea what the difference would be between the half system and the catback from Scorpion?

Thanks