S4 Exhaust Tips

darius6745

Reaction score
hi all,

Just bought an s4 avant and the exhaust tips are looking rubbish and they won't clean up. Its letting the car down and want to replace them. Just wondered if anyone has replaced the stock exhaust tips before? if so where did you get them from?

cheers

I would find a local custom place and pick what tips I wanted

Reactions: Chop.
ok cheers will take a look, didn't realise you could do this. Exhaust systems are well expensive on this car so didn't want to have to replace the whole thing.

I'm looking at tips just now myself, the s4 Are welded on so would need to be cut off to change which I am concidering depending on what I can find

The standard s4 tips just don't do it for me

Iv been quoted £240 for rear box removal and 6x4 oval tips which I didn't think was too bad

Good luck whatever you find

Reactions: xpoweruk
Thanks for the reply. Yeah that does sound reasonable. Where are you getting it done? Was looking at custom exhaust centres and can only find power flow dealers near me so may need to go down that route.

Post me a pic if you do get this done, would be interesting to see what they look like. Cheers

Have you tried using Autosol metal polish? Used with one of those metal saucepan cleaner pad things can sometimes work wonders.

I'd go for black tips TBH.
The S4 tips get sooty quickly & start to look a bit naff

I use McGuire's nxt all metal polish on my tips and they came up great.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...eguiars-nxt-generation-all-metal-polish-142ml

as above, mine was black when i got the car, 20 minutes by hand later and looked new :)

The below are meguirs metal polish on my winter build up so only took 5 minutes, but the stuff is really good! might save you a few quid rather than buying whole new tips:
24992493661_ee341cd80f_z.jpg
24967640442_76b7923e53_z.jpg

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, S4_LEE and Chop.
Another vote for meguiars metal polish I use it with some zero grade wire wool takes the muck off a lot easier than just using a microfibre.

Reactions: Meemo
Another vote for meguiars metal polish I use it with some zero grade wire wool takes the muck off a lot easier than just using a microfibre.

Will try the zero grade wire wool. I did mine on Monday as they were heavy pitted with a microfibre and autosol which took ages but need finishing off

Slightly off topic but anyone seem to get stones trapped in between the tailpipes?? Rather annoying....

Reactions: Chipmunk73 and skiptowncat
Slightly off topic but anyone seem to get stones trapped in between the tailpipes?? Rather annoying....
Yep, that happens to me.

As an aside I put Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine on my tips once I've done them to try and help with the next clean up. Seems to work.

Reactions: Meemo
that a good idea, I have been using the wax I use on my paint, but wheel sealant sounds more durable :)

ok so thought i would update you guys on how i got on.
Before
image2-3.jpg

After
I know they are not perfect but its the best i can do.
image1-2.jpg

Reactions: feva and Chop.
Blimey those are bad....great effort mate but to me they look like they are pitted, so probably permanent damage...?

auto sol, wire wool and some hard graft lol. yeah its looks like a load of stone chips but don't think i can do anything with them.

Looks good. Only way you'd see pitting is if you look mega close which no one really will.

I personally be happy with the results you've achieved.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk