S4 exhausts ?

vinvinian

Reaction score
Just a quickie, only the offside inner exhaust is getting carboned up on the rim , is this normal ..... only upside is I'm only cleaning one of them !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you look at the photo below you'll see how the valved system is setup. I don't know how the three valves are opened/closed, I thought it would just be when dynamic is selected but it seems to be more intricate than that.
IMG 3165

Path of least resistance .easier flow ?

I noticed this the other morning when I cranked the car up, only one tail pipe seemed to be open

Reactions: vinvinian
I noticed this the other morning when I cranked the car up, only one tail pipe seemed to be open
Yep just steaming from the one ...... I'll check next time I'm doing 71 mph

Reactions: Keef
I wish only one of mine was getting dirty . Two are always much worse but they take an age to clean properly even doing it regularly. If I leave it a couple of weeks it's a real problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use autoglym metal polish.usrd this on my last S4 EXHAUSTS always a doddle to clean with a worn out sink sponge never a problem

I use GT85, a quick wipe cleans and protects, it's a general purpose lubricant/water dispersant I use it for so many different jobs, excellent stuff.

Update . For info while car was in for speaker trim recall ,got them to check exhaust tips as not happy they are corroding slowly.So answer i got was a good one ...they are replacing them all under warranty ....happy days

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073, Jsmills and cuke2u
Update . For info while car was in for speaker trim recall ,got them to check exhaust tips as not happy they are corroding slowly.So answer i got was a good one ...they are replacing them all under warranty ....happy days

That’s a great result, had mine replaced under warranty to.

However, after a further 6 months and wiping them clean every couple of days they’re already showing slight signs of pitting again!

Audi have already said they won’t replace them under warranty again as this was a goodwill gesture.

Bad design really last S4 ones were gr8