S4 Fuel

Trev241

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking the S4 requires 95 Ron fuel, if so has anyone tried V Power ?
Just wondered if there would be much benefit in running this V6 engine on V Power if Audi have mapped it for 95.

Trev

I've made test at my previous S3 Sportback.

First I tried classic 95 fuel
Then V-power 95
And V-power Racing 99+

And it was worth buying V-power Racing that normal fuel, car was faster

I've made test at my previous S3 Sportback.

First I tried classic 95 fuel
Then V-power 95
And V-power Racing 99+

And it was worth buying V-power Racing that normal fuel, car was faster
Yes but the S3 is mapped for 98 Ron.

The S4 will run on all octane ratings from 95 to 99 (and above I guess), but will definately run better (more power, better fuel economy) on the higher octane stuff. I run my S3 on V-Power (98 RON), which seems the best of the bunch as far as the higher octane stuff goes.
Anyway, it'd be criminal not to run an S4 on the best stuff you can get! ;-)

As slim says, it will run on anything and to be honest I am not sure you would REALLY feel any difference on a higher octane rating fuel if the car is standard, I don't on my S4but I always use V-Power simply because I work on the basis that I have bought the best tyres, polish, oil etc for a car that costs a lot of money, so it wouldn't make sense to put cheap fuel into its engine when you have spared no expense for everything else.

Well, you live and learn............I guess I wouldn't have felt any difference because I have always used V-Power so I have always had the extra BHP......Fantastic.