s4 lower grill

Ro55

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone managed a s4 lower in the sport/GMBH front bumper?

Any pointers please.

I've just finished modifying oe sport grille and fitting my own mesh into. Fairly easy and straight forward. Mesh was £15-20 from eBay. Will upload pic soon.

Ive done my sport grill,with a mesh from a golf to match the fogs grills.

I've fitted S4 lower into sport surround.having trouble getting a pic up but will keep trying.

That's it! Hows it done?
Im wanting to get mine done before GTI anyone here going?

I made it sole and just used the original grill as a template and cut the S4 one with a Dremel type tool. The bottom was secured by the original clips and the top with two very small cable ties, that secures the grill to the surround, from memory it then clips into the bumper as normal and used two tiny self rappers to secure the top of the grill to the bumper.
Mine doesn't move about and you don't see any of the screws/ ties atall.
I know some have mounted the grill to the surround with hot glue but I used the above method as I remove mine periodically to repaint the surround. Hope this helps.

How did you get the grille to stay in the bumper when you did the honeycomb Ross as it's the black bit that holds it into the bumper on the original?

I drilled 2 holes in the mesh.
In the centre so i could use the centre bar behind the grille if you get me?
At 1st i just used a cable tie,around the honeycomb.but OCD got the better of me lol

Reactions: Jimmy TDI
Nicely done sir.

I tried doing the honeycomb this evening, but the light was fading before I could make the final adjustments so I had to call it a day.

So I went on ebay and bought some 19" speedlines in my frustration at not being able to get anything done on the car for yet another weekend ha ha.

Thank you,im thinking of speedlines 18s,19s would buckle easy where i live...either speedlines or pro race 1.2.
cant decide. might stick with the s4s and go silver on them.
I love the WCI CC10 wheels i dream about them lol

I tried a set of 18's on last week with 225/40/18's fitted, and they're far too thin at 7.5" mate. Mines lowerd 50mm at the front, and they were still lost in the arches with my 10mm spacers off the rear fitted.

Your looking at minimum 20mm spacers and 215/40/18's along with a big drop to get them looking half decent.

Serious! i could'nt drop mine if i wanted,ive got 2 speedbumps where i live and potholes the council workmen come and bathe in.
ive had 19s and 22s and i was always getting them repaired.18s no problem.
what ET are the 19s?
i could use the s-lines for winter/17s for snow as i live on a hill.19s summer :)

Last edited:
ET 48, but they're 8.5j so my current spacers that I run my winter S4's with should do the job. 5mm up front, and 10mm out back which will mean I can run decent sized tyres.

Cool i want an off white,like magnolia pearl if i get some.

I had white wheels on my blue Bora, those two colours go together well imo. One thing I would say though is get them powder coated if your going white, as it's a much tougher finish so makes cleaning easier.

Yeah im not doing any wheels again,that yellow made a right mess lol.ill use a well know place by me wheel perfection,they have some really nice candy pearls and flip paints

where are people getting the s4 lower grill from? I have the upper and waiting on a postage quote on a brand new s4 bumper

Same sort of money from dealer when I priced, but I did this mod about 4years ago so no doubt they have shot up in price.

Didnt go dealer,
I see from germany there £170+ so dealers either same with vat or dearer with vat.
You can also buy blacked out ones now too,if you like that. as a set aswel its cheaper.

They have gone up, like I said an old mod for me,

I'm still deciding, mine already has the s4 grill but..... after dealing with audi i'm deciding if to mod this car much more or i've been thinking of running it for a bit and either getting a merc or porsche instead. Problem is I like driving this quite a lot, the engine sounds good which is the only reason i've not stuck a 2.7tt in it or a supercharger as I was offered a kit recently for that conversion

I like driving it but just not sure if to chuck money at this with the usual rims/suspension/s4 bodykit then engine conversion later or use the money in the future towards something serious. So far I just have the s4 grill, a pair of custom exhaust trims that i've only seen on one s4 so far and been offered a brand new s4 bumper cheap.