S4 - Minor First Service (Oil Change) Cost...?

Reaction score
Well the S4 is coming up a year old and done about 5300 miles!

Service time :(

Rang the first dealer who quoted £301, I just laughed at them telling them that's a crazy price for an oil change, so rang my next dealer who came back even more expensive at £316.

Anyway, what did you guys pay for your first service on the S4?

That's pretty pokey. My dealer quoted £279 or £289 initially. When I balked at that, he suggested I supply my own oil. I ended up paying £56 for 8 litres of Castrol Edge (the stuff they recommend) vs the £140 they were going to charge me.

The service then cost me £136 and I got a litre of oil back. So call it £192 and a free litre of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got quoted £460 for my major service, plus £25 for the pollen filter change (apparently fixed prices for cars outwith warranty).

They then went onto advise about a service package for my car where i pay £475, which gets me one major, one minor service and my next MOT paid for. Not exactly happy with the price, however in order to keep a stamp in the book, i went with it. The car is on a long life plan, by i still do my own oil and filter change every 10k anyway.

It may be something you can ask about, however i would just say that technically the plan is not for S, RS or R8 vehicles, however once i got the quote, the dealer honoured the offer.

I just had my local indie do an interim oil change for £121 at 12 months. A service isn't due until 2 years or 19,000 miles.

Just to update this, Walton Audi picked up, serviced it and dropped the car back for £256. Was surprised as I was expecting the price £301 quoted when booking it in and even that was a price match!

Reactions: scotty76
Just had my second oil change for £199. Thought it was a mistake when they charged me that the first time.

Reactions: scotty76