S4 paddles too small

RS5 (also likely RS4) genuine extensions.
https://europrice.us/shift-paddles-extended

Alex is well known on Audizine US forum. Also bought our genuine Audi carbon fibre mirror caps from him & was m-u-c-h cheaper than any dealer.
They look really nice (wheel needs to come off to fit though) but still think they should be a good bit bigger.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

pic fitted to my car
IMG 1007

Reactions: monkey66
Bought Relak Moto paddles and now installed. It was hard for those 72hrs, as I do not do waiting very well.
Prefer this matte black over the earlier silver/aluminium. They compliment the cabin very well and are well worth the $$'s. Being a '10 to 2' driver, for me, having relatively short fingers, the paddles would not want to be any shorter.
Late today was the first time I could use them. WOW!!! Far more user friendly than the OEM's. Now for some undulating, windy road.
Thank you guys, for finding them and your feedback. This is what these forums are all about.

Trivia - If you watched the opening ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games you may have seen the scene with all the lawn mowers. Ahhh, the Aussie love affair with the lawn mower. Aussie dad's weekly chore of mowing the lawn in the heat, followed by SWMBO bring out the 'coldie' (in my case, a 'Bundy' rum & coke). Well, probably most of the mowers in Oz would have the the type of handle that had the truncated corners at the top (a la your 'Spear & Jackson' mower). As I mowed the other day I realised my hands were at the '10 to 2' position, & had better control than if I had the full straight across the top bar. Fancy that, eh!!

Reactions: monkey66
Anyone able to upload some close ups of standard paddles? Looking from top down and side on give any clues if these will fit?

Don't know if that'll help much, given that these actually replace the standard paddles? Without knowing the dimensions of the paddle fittings versus the ones on the back of the steering wheel it would be almost impossible to tell I'd say.

Has anyone come across the chromed facrory rs style paddles, but the stick on type? I don’t fancy taking off the steering wheel on this car :smiley:

That link seems to indicate that you can just get behind the steering wheel and pull out the hinge pin rather than remove the steering wheel. That would make things much simpler because I agree that I wouldn't be removing my steering wheel to fit something like this!

I can take a look, but I've no idea what the mounting looks like where the pin meets.