S4 problems

s4mark

Reaction score
The S4 is off to the dealers next tuesday for them to investigate a severe creaking coming from the suspension / hub area on the front. Am hoping it is just some bushes that need replacing but at low speeds when turning or on rough roads it sounds very metallic and not nice at all. I think it is something more serious. The car did sit in a little water during the floods but only about 4 inches deep, however it is quite low so might have something to do with it.

Also getting the airbag squib replaced as that squeaks too and is very annoying.

They want the car for 2-3 days, I have a hunch that this will be expensive.

Happy motoring lol

s4mark said:
The S4 is off to the dealers next tuesday for them to investigate a severe creaking coming from the suspension / hub area on the front. Am hoping it is just some bushes that need replacing but at low speeds when turning or on rough roads it sounds very metallic and not nice at all. I think it is something more serious. The car did sit in a little water during the floods but only about 4 inches deep, however it is quite low so might have something to do with it.

Also getting the airbag squib replaced as that squeaks too and is very annoying.

They want the car for 2-3 days, I have a hunch that this will be expensive.

Happy motoring lol

sorry to hear that mate, hope it all works out for ya and the stealers dont slap you with a hefty bill!

ive got a similiar noise coming from the same area ive been told its the control arms which is common with my a4 1.8t. ive ordered the uprated arms form the US and will get them fitted locally.