S4 second hand after market exhausts

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Do they even exist?? Lol

I have been looking now for 3 months on here and eBay and they just don't seem to pop up.

Anyone modded their OEM exhaust? I've been looking for an OEM one as well to hack up but they are few and far between as well. One currently on eBay but in Latvia or somewhere like that :(

Reactions: carson
I believe one or two on here are fitting aftermarket exhausts in the next couple of weeks, so there may be some available

Ha good luck !

Iv been looking too, would love a nice cat back but £1500 just isn't for me and there's nothing second hand anywhere

Iv been been on phone to a custom place near me, and they've quoted around £700 for a full stainless cat back so I will be paying them a visit !

Reactions: TahirS
I'm in Northern Ireland so there are very few here as it is and even less modified.

I agree, £1500 on an exhaust IMO is extortionate when my S3 exhaust (Milltek) was a lot cheaper.

Custom quotes are in around Milltek prices here as well :(

Yeh I couldn't believe when I first got my motor and started planning mods, looked at exhausts and **** a brick !

What you thinking front silencers out ?

I think my cats are knackered as when under the car and you hit them, they rattle so I'm tempted to remove the innards and see what happens.

Reactions: xpoweruk
That on an s4 ? Sure it's not your front silencers ? There right under the gear stick side by side

I have exact same thing it sounds awful and it's doing my head in, thought about doing exactly what your thinking , cats on the the b8 s4 are right up at engine ( anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong )

Cats

Front silencers this is what rattles on mine

It's ****** awful eh ! Sounds cheap as anything and always just as you slow down and everyone gets a looks at how smart your motor is then.........

Reactions: Boydie
If I Was still at my old job I'd have had them opened up and emptied but got now use of a ramp and welder now so I'm stuck

Just get them to cut them out and stick a couple bits pipe in instant repair and performance exhaust in one go

I will be fitting an S5 exhaust in a couple of weeks, only needs slight mod :playful:

If I'd known ya could of had an OE cat back for free.
Just got binned at Demon Tweeks

@Boydie if you get sorted before me mate let me know how you get on I can't take this much longer

Ah I see I was about to ask what the difference between the s4 and the s5 was as they had the same engine

V nice you chucking one side or joining near the front

No signs ant power gains or requir met unless your doing hardware mods, I don't see any point. Maybe I prefer the stealth factor of my S4 more than most. If you want better sound you can get that from x box and a decent filter will make it more throaty too.

It's all about the sound, only thing I'm slightly disappointed about is that it's so quiet

Why not get the middle silencer removed and an x pipe put in? I'm thinking of doing it but have started to like the sound of the Milltek as it is. That will make it sound like a beast but not nearly as loud or drony as the Milltek non-res.

Called into my local exhaust place yesterday and got the car on the ramp. The rattling was clear but not it's location.

We pushed the flexi towards the exhaust tunnel to tighten it and tapped the silencer, no noise, released our grip and tapped, there was noise so he concluded that the flexi is rattling??

However, for £60 he can remove the silencers and put in two straight sections so I'm booked in for next week to get this done.

Watch this space.

Reactions: TahirS, Chop. and xpoweruk
I'm booked in tomorrow afternoon so will keep you posted. Also considering changing the tail pipes but will see what he has in stock and what they look at. Will be after an OEM look with the slant but bigger tips.

Reactions: Chop. and carson
Hey boydie

I am in NI too. Where are you based.