S4 service intervals

A4CAB

Reaction score
Having owned about 10 Audi’s I made the move to the dark side and currently leasing an M235i, spec in signature.

I mostly do motorway and dual carriageway driving and was shocked the first service on the BMW held out until 19000 miles, so did the rear Michelin Pilot Super Sports !

I assume the S4 has conditional based servicing too, what sort of mileage are people getting between services and before the first service ?

Not got that far on mine, it currently says it’s due at 19k, I’m expecting to get to it as I’ve not had a long life audi yet that didn’t make at least 18k miles. Those tyres are a nice for standard fit...

Thanks I will ensure if I order the S4 that it’s set to Flexible

Not got that far on mine, it currently says it’s due at 19k, I’m expecting to get to it as I’ve not had a long life audi yet that didn’t make at least 18k miles. Those tyres are a nice for standard fit...

Mine is going in for first oil service at 10 months and 9400miles tomorrow. 18k sounds a long time for an oil change on S4,,,,,

Reactions: Gazwould
I disagree it’s quite well documented that modern oils are good for 20,000 + miles it’s all about the type of driving and use of start stop feature. Those with M235i’s who mostly drive towns and stop start have seen 1st service at 9000-12000 miles.

I think oil is one of the biggest profit makers for the dealers.

Just my view

Reactions: Ilyasali1
It's dependant upon your yearly mileage https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/servicing-your-audi.html but often as not if you should be on a fixed plan the car might arrive wrongly set to a flexible one....
I'm on variable, and reckon I will do <10k a year (did 11k in 3 years in my old A3!) and a lot of start stop city driving - I take it I just call the service centre after about 11 months and tell them I want to change to fixed and book in for an oil change?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Just to agree with the above that it’s more to do with the type of driving than the car.

To confirm it isn’t a peculiarity of BMW or their ‘M Performance’ cars I’m in an M240i from new, it’s just over a year old and the computer is estimating my first service will be at 9000 miles. I’ll reach the 2 year cutoff well before then.

That's interesting, because in the land of Oz, our S4 is set at annual, with no mention of kms. Actually the service date is already loaded into MyAudi. I doubt it will reach 16kms (10m) by end of July, so the oil should still be OK.

I'm on variable, and reckon I will do <10k a year (did 11k in 3 years in my old A3!) and a lot of start stop city driving - I take it I just call the service centre after about 11 months and tell them I want to change to fixed and book in for an oil change?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Sure, both my Audi's came set to variable despite me telling the dealers I only do around 5000 miles a year. On the A3 they reset it at it's first year service on the A4 when I collected it. Only a dealer, or someone with the Audi expensive diagnostic equipment, can change the settings..

And based on nearly 4 years with my B8.5 S4 the dealers annually set it back to variable no matter what I tell them. I managed one year on the correct regime. So now I just stick it in the diary and take it back every year.

That's interesting, because in the land of Oz, our S4 is set at annual, with no mention of kms. Actually the service date is already loaded into MyAudi. I doubt it will reach 16kms (10m) by end of July, so the oil should still be OK.

What Ron is the fuel in the land of OZ?

Sure, both my Audi's came set to variable despite me telling the dealers I only do around 5000 miles a year. On the A3 they reset it at it's first year service on the A4 when I collected it. Only a dealer, or someone with the Audi expensive diagnostic equipment, can change the settings..
Interestingly mine has just ticked round the 1000 mile mark, and all of a sudden the MyAudi app is showing Fixed (next oil change in 253 days/8,300 miles) where it was definitely showing variable before... Looks like there is some intelligence in there somewhere.

My S4 had first service yesterday. 9200 miles in 9 months. Oil change.

It seems nobody can give accurate picture here. It’s all very random.

Audi www and handbook has the standard <10k or >10k fixed / variable.

Local dealer told me that my S4 was on variable and could be anywhere from 5K to 15K.
Dealer service engineer where I had it done told me my S4 was on variable.
Dealer customer service where i had it done told me all S4 and S5 are on 9K fixed and www and handbook was wrong. I didn’t believe it... but thinking about it, the service notification came on at 8200 miles and said service due in 800...

Still don’t know what to believe.

95 would be the standard fuel here in North of Ireland and GB. You seem to follow America and South Africa in fuel types I’ve seen.

My S4 had first service yesterday. 9200 miles in 9 months. Oil change.

It seems nobody can give accurate picture here. It’s all very random.

Audi www and handbook has the standard <10k or >10k fixed / variable.

Local dealer told me that my S4 was on variable and could be anywhere from 5K to 15K.
Dealer service engineer where I had it done told me my S4 was on variable.
Dealer customer service where i had it done told me all S4 and S5 are on 9K fixed and www and handbook was wrong. I didn’t believe it... but thinking about it, the service notification came on at 8200 miles and said service due in 800...

Still don’t know what to believe.
You know when the one year/9k oil service shows, service due it’s optional and at this point you go to car and service in the mmi and click reset oil service it moves to long life and matches in with the inspection. Or you have the oil change done and when dealer inputs the data places the car on yearly

You know when the one year/9k oil service shows, service due it’s optional and at this point you go to car and service in the mmi and click reset oil service it moves to long life and matches in with the inspection. Or you have the oil change done and when dealer inputs the data places the car on yearly

Interestingly , checked the car today and it’s 18k to next oil service. Can’t fathom this out, its a bit random. Inspection in another 9K.

Mine is a lease car and I done this and like you say oil and inspection now tie in with each other.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3

Mine is a lease car and I done this and like you say oil and inspection now tie in with each other.

My car is on 10678 miles since late September 2017 and it is currently showing 5900 miles until an oil change and 8400 until the first service (which will be the maximum 19K miles Audi say). So I can safely reset the oil change to have both done together at 19K?

It's on a 2 year personal lease so I'm not worried about the car, I just need to make sure I stick to the warranty terms.

Attachments

• Audi_service.jpeg
    Audi_service.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 319
My car is on 10678 miles since late September 2017 and it is currently showing 5900 miles until an oil change and 8400 until the first service (which will be the maximum 19K miles Audi say). So I can safely reset the oil change to have both done together at 19K?

It's on a 2 year personal lease so I'm not worried about the car, I just need to make sure I stick to the warranty terms.

If it was something that would effect your warranty I would doubt it would be so simple to reset by hitting a button. Could easily be reset by a kid playing with the MMI. Just act dumb lol. Mine is on 13k and just coming a year old this month.

It’s basicaly giving you the choice to go fixed or not. I only reset because I’m on 4k

Interestingly , checked the car today and it’s 18k to next oil service. Can’t fathom this out, its a bit random. Inspection in another 9K.

You really should just do the oil change along with the inspection. Especially if you are doing stop start driving.

95 would be the standard fuel here in North of Ireland and GB. You seem to follow America and South Africa in fuel types I’ve seen.

91,95 & 98 are the "official" RON's. Where I live we have Caltex & BP refineries on either side of the river. We are aware that there is a pipeline under the river between the refineries and they pump fuel etc constantly either way. So one has absolutely no idea what one actually gets at the servo, regardless of the actual brand, but I am guided by the oil companies who implicitly do everything right in the best interests of the consumer.

Was this tongue in cheek?

I would never, ever be cynical/sarcastic with respect to oil companies, because I am very mindful that some time ago a corporation, possibly a semi-government instrumentality, accused the the oil companies in Aust. of collusion, and am sure they actually used the term 'cartel'. The oil companies took the corporation on and won!! Of course, how that is relevant to the UK....I don't know.

Well the cartel we have with fuel companies in the uk is that they are all very quick to raise prices then do not bring them back down to the original amount, and far more slowly than they went up.
I don't think there is one motorist in the uk that would claim they are on their side and the prices aren't fixed. To be fair the majority of the cost is in taxes but fuel companies make huge huge profits from the motorist and never seem to suffer themselves when the price of a barrel of oil goes up.