S4 skirt fitting

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
Do the black plastic sill trims need to be removed to fit the skirts? Offered up the skirts and they seem a bit too proud for my liking. Dont wanna rip the trims off though as theres a shed load of double sided holding them on

Just wondered if anyone could tell me before get the airsaw out and start cutting things up when i dont need to!!!

Many thanks chaps

The s4 sill trims dont go round the sill like the a4 ones so you will have to cut them.

Should the S4 skirts go under the doors into the shut?

As i've removed the lower door mouldings i'm hoping the skirts can be level with the bottoms of the doors or sit inside a bit so the black trim inside wont be seen from the outside

Yes. The skirt kind of wraps round and sits on top of the sill and the plastic trim should sit just on top of this. You wont see the sill trims with the door shut. Im sure you wont get the skirts on properly without taking the a4 sill trims off and cutting them. I took mine off and still havent got round to fitting them back on yet.

Ok cool, Thanks. I'll prob just take them off and leave them off. Are there any holes etc under the trims?...if the shuts underneath are ok i'll butcher them off and chuck them

Try and be gentle and get them off whole so you can trim them and put them Bach on. It don't look right without it. Did you get the front and rear brackets with the skirts?

my sill trim needed a strip cut off them to go back on top of the S4 ones

Got the trim off, how much double sided was holding them on!! The skirts fit much better now. All i need now is the bracket that goes on the rear of the sill for the skirt to bolt on to, any one have one????

I had to get mine from Audi as they are welded to the sill.

I didnt weld the new one on, i used wing screws and sikaflex, that bad boy aint going anywhere,lol

If you get the brackets can you post the part no's please. Thanks

I didnt get the metal brackets just the plastic one that goes into the arch and the skirt screws into that and then some of the fastners that go into the floor of the car.

I'll just make up some L shape brackets and weld them on the sills, be quicker and cheaper than ordering some from audis.