S4 vs RS4 B5

adidasandy

Reaction score
As above, new to the Audi scene and wanted to know the main differences between the 2. Has the RS4 got the 4.2 motor in it?

The rs4 has the same 2.7t engine that the S4 has just has differant heads, IC's, turbos iirc etc so it's basically a tuned S4 engine, I'm sure the guru's will correct me out knowledge me lol

265 BHP in S4 and 460 in RS4 iirc. many differently designed parts to allow more flow. More importantly it has k04s as std. Better brakes, wider body.

Its almost a different league to the s4

Wow Byzan chill :)
380bhp RS4
265bhp S4

Rs4 has stronger engine internals, K04 turbos, bigger ICs, widebody, only in estate.
Can't really compare to S4 including price.

Wow Byzan chill :)
380bhp RS4
265bhp S4

Rs4 has stronger engine internals, K04 turbos, bigger ICs, widebody, only in estate.
Can't really compare to S4 including price.

Eh ? I was trying to do figures from memory, and i'm old now.

Just a bit to optimistic on RS4 :D

The rs4 has the same 2.7t engine that the S4 has just has differant heads, IC's, turbos iirc etc so it's basically a tuned S4 engine, I'm sure the guru's will correct me out knowledge me lol

Stronger internals are a myth, I believe they use the same rods...
The RS4 2.7T has different comp ratio I think to the S4.

So which one has the 4.2 in it or does it come with a choice of engines. Had bumped into one on highway and basically he had my pants down, spanking my *** all the way. Boy that was fast and mines 352 at fly.

Stronger internals are a myth, I believe they use the same rods...
The RS4 2.7T has different comp ratio I think to the S4.

The blocks are different, the RS4 has 4 bolts per main bearing cap and more support around them compared to the S4.

The s4 has 4bolt mains too.

The blocks ARE different though, stronger material. Rods are different too as are the pistons. Even the bearings are different to account for the different rods.

RS4 has different heads, cams, intake manifold, injectors, throttle body, all chargepipework, bigger intercoolers, bigger turbochargers, bigger downpipes/exhaust system, maf/airbox, clutch/flywheel etc etc

Its a fairly substantially reworked engine over the S4 motor.

Remapped they'll see 440ish and can be pushed to 500 with the right bolt ons without opening up the engine or touching the turbos.

And yes, they will had your **** to you on a platter, even in standard trim, most will have at least a remap on them too.

The 4.2 V8 is used in the B6 and B7 S4 as well as the B7 RS4. S4 version makes ~340hp and the RS4 version makes ~410hp.

So which one has the 4.2 in it or does it come with a choice of engines. Had bumped into one on highway and basically he had my pants down, spanking my *** all the way. Boy that was fast and mines 352 at fly.

What car do you have ?

Is the RS4 block lighter as well as stronger?

What car do you have ?

I don't get it, joined 2006 yet new to the Audi scene and not sure which one has the V8 in it.

352chp... I'm guessing E46 M3 driver with bolt-ons?

Audi S4 B5 - 2.7T 265 bhp
Audi RS4 B5 - 2.7T 380bhp
Audi S4 B6 - 4.2 V8 344bhp
Audi S4 B7 - 4.2 V8 344bhp
Audi RS4 B7 - 4.2 V8 420bhp
Audi S4 B8 - 3.0 Supercharged 333bhp

S4 B5 1998 Avant 2.7 RR'd 352@fly

Love it THB but really like the RS4's but prices are mental!!!

Make your own. :)
Heres mine just before i dropped it off for paint.
IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Reactions: adidasandy
You got it back Lee?, any pics? They look f@#king evil don't they.

You got it back Lee?, any pics? They look f@#king evil don't they.
Nope, went up last week and it hasnt been touched :( Im in no rush now as redundancy is looming. Im in 2 minds wether to go back to my original nogaro blue now to save a few quid

Nope, went up last week and it hasnt been touched :( Im in no rush now as redundancy is looming. Im in 2 minds wether to go back to my original nogaro blue now to save a few quid

What colour was it going to go??

Sorry, I'm really bad in keeping secrets :sorry: