S5 4.2 V8 bhp???

marcusoz

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a S5 4.2 V8 2008. I have just had new clutch/flywheel, teraclean, engine stripped carbon cleaned manually, custom exhaust and ECU mapped as much as possible. Put it on the dyno today and I'm getting 351 bhp.

What should I be expecting? The man that tuned it thinks I should be getting about another 15/20 bhp.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marcus

With a map I might expect a little more but the V8 isn't particularly amenable to tuning (unless you go the supercharger route), so whilst a little on the low side considering a 'map' not that far off new. You don't mention whose map it is, that might help give an idea of what you should be expecting. Also what exhaust is it? It's possible if it's not a good one it is hindering performance.

It was angel tuning that did it. He was saying that the MAF sensor might be playing up?The exhaust is just a custom made exhaust, maybe it might be slowing it down as it was just made in his garage.

Nice one Paul I will look into this. Cheers

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
Also you don't just want to look at bhp... with the V8 not being great to tune its more about the power delivery that the map should improve

Sorry Vibe you are right.... Forgot to say that the torque has gone up by about 25 lbs/ft since mapping.

Quite surprised at that thought the n/a cars couldn't be tuned! We have a V8 S5 so I'm all ears ;)

TX.

Remap - just 20 bhp more .

For best results delete cats and surgery to boxes.

Reactions: marcusoz
V engines have nice torque regardless which is the beauty of them and the way they fetch the torque in, so underestimated iny opinion for the little bhp numbers that can be had from a remap

Reactions: marcusoz