S5 Front axle weight ?

robtaylors

Reaction score
Hi all

I’m changing cars next week and wanted to know if the H&R springs on my current A5 2.0TDI Cab FWD will go on the replacement car S5 Cab
The H&R box states figment for an S5, surely the S5 front end is heavier than a FWD 2.0tdi ?
I can’t find any info on the net about the S5 Front axle weight, although when searching for the springs I have it suggests a weight of 1,100 Kg

any ideas anyone ?

Is that 1100kg per spring? as the whole car only weighs around 1600kg so if its per spring it will be more than sufficient.

Thanks for the replies, springs I have won’t fit so will need to get another set

Hi; it is 1050 kg I think and the S5 is about 1250 kg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never do something like this. Tesla is a good car, but it doesn't like any modifications. I don't think it is a good idea to put another battery there. I know that it is bigger than another Tesla, but it changes the car's characteristics. It becomes heavier and more imbalanced because the battery is in the back. You can check cararac.com, why putting more weight on the back of the car is not such a good idea, mostly because it is not as stable o the road during rains and snowfalls as it is meant to be.