S5 Rattles

JimmyD

Reaction score
Hi all, I seem to have been plagued by rattles. I get a rattle from both doors - at ear level, appearing to come from the top of the door shut. I also have an annoying one in the centre console but I cannot locate exactly where.

I did take it to Audi but their fixes did nothing!

I understand I should take it back to them (and I will eventually) but I hate being without the car and get worried about its treatment at the garage.

Has anyone else experienced these rattles and have a potential fix?

Thanks

Not had it so far, what sort of noise is it? Does it sound like the glass vibrating against the rubber door seal? Or is it trim with the doors or dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming from a BMW M5 to an AUDI s5, the interior quality is absolutely shocking! My new car with 50 miles on the clock as squeaky arm-rest, its side panels are plastic! which Audi wanted to charge £300 for!

Luckily it's only a 2 year lease! i will be ragging the engine silly and returning it and going back to BMW! Sorry but VW/Audi are liars and have the worst post-car experience!

I have a similar gripe with quality of the S5. The Chrome Trim around the windows is not one solid piece, it has a join over the rear window! As a premium car I would expect this to be one piece of trim with no joins.

I am on my second B9 S5 and both have had rattles. In contrast I returned my mk7 Golf R with 17k miles and it didnt so much as have a creak.
The rattles come from the drivers door, just behind the middle of the dash and from the central speaker (holding the grille down firmly stops it).
Someone above compares to BMW and I would agree BM's are a lot more solid.

I have a similar gripe with quality of the S5. The Chrome Trim around the windows is not one solid piece, it has a join over the rear window! As a premium car I would expect this to be one piece of trim with no joins.

This is normal, a £300,000 Rolls Royce Wraith has this too and that is a much more premium vehicle than any Audi.

How would chrome trim be in one piece anyway, there has to be a join and one that allows for thermal expansion...

I had a rattle in the drivers door, fixed today by Audi, it was a loose nut on the window regulator.

I too have a creak (not that often) from the lower control panel, but cant be ar**ed getting it looked at as its not that bad.

Other than that, my car is pretty silent thank god!

I had a drivers door creak/rattle that I narrowed down to the matte plastic panel just under the chrome trim nearest to the A pillar. I took the door card off and wrapped the edges of that section in fabric tape where it meets the other plastics.

Problem solved. No other rattles in the car.