S5 service loan car...they must like me

cjp2k

Reaction score
Well my wifes 16plate A5 2.0TDI went it for a service today, very busy dealer and going through the normal pleasantries.

I was then informed that I had a £15 a day charge for use of a loan car, I have never been asked this before, and politely told them that I didn't want to pay for it and as we have purchased 2 cars in 12 months from them, I would expect this to be waived... which it was

I start to sign the paperwork for the loan car and look at the model, first I see Sportback, so great another A5 wonder if its manual or auto... then look again and it says S5 Sportback... I was very surprised.

First time ever driving a S car and its rather nice, must admit I did feel slightly guilty about moaning about the £15 charge when I am driving round in a 350bhp S5.

Now I need to work out how to financially get out of my B9 A4 into a S4 or S5

Reactions: surfer8210
I had my car A5 17 plate in for a service last Friday, I was given a 17 plate A3 150 petrol engine :( Next time I think I will ask for atleast an S3.

They tried to charge me for the loan car, told them that a charge for this wasn’t mentioned during the booking and I wouldn’t be paying. They didn’t charge me in the end.

Well my wifes 16plate A5 2.0TDI went it for a service today, very busy dealer and going through the normal pleasantries.

I was then informed that I had a £15 a day charge for use of a loan car, I have never been asked this before, and politely told them that I didn't want to pay for it and as we have purchased 2 cars in 12 months from them, I would expect this to be waived... which it was

I start to sign the paperwork for the loan car and look at the model, first I see Sportback, so great another A5 wonder if its manual or auto... then look again and it says S5 Sportback... I was very surprised.

First time ever driving a S car and its rather nice, must admit I did feel slightly guilty about moaning about the £15 charge when I am driving round in a 350bhp S5.

Now I need to work out how to financially get out of my B9 A4 into a S4 or S5

See, they've done the right thing. You are now interested in the S5!

Good shout on the S5 :)

I've got a 2017 A5 coupe and my dad has a 2016 A3 saloon (company car), both serviced by the same Audi dealership and it's now a standing joke in our house what loan car you'll get.. I was always told it was one higher than you own.... so A4 > A5, A5 > A6 etc.

However, that theory has gone out the window when the A3 went in the other week and he was given a 1.4 A1 5dr! ;)

Mines is due its first service in 3 in a bit months, would be quite happy to bring an S5 home and claim bragging rights! Haha!

I took my old A6 for a service and they wanted to give me an A1 (Cambridge Audi) - I just laughed and asked where the real one is. They said that is all they had and I said I can't take the A1 - in fact, I have size 12 shoes I will be touching two paddles at the same time and no chance the car seat for my son fits. After the guy moaning quietly they returned with an A8 ... with 60 miles on it ..

Reactions: surfer8210