S5 Sportback Drivers Door Rattle?

Liddo

S5 Sportback Lease
Reaction score
Afternoon All

Does anyone else have a rattle coming from within their drivers door???

If I move the window down a smidge, it seems to stop! But it does sound like its coming
from within the panel as I can stop the rattle from the outside.

Not sure if worth a trip to the dealers, but its ****** annoying

No. Not the door but I do have one from the boot which I have yet to sort out!

On my previous B8.5 I had a rattle on the door and it turned out to be a loose cable from the window mechanism. Mine was sort of high pitch buzz that only really became audible when I went over rough roads (basically any British road...).

On my previous B8.5 I had a rattle on the door and it turned out to be a loose cable from the window mechanism. Mine was sort of high pitch buzz that only really became audible when I went over rough roads (basically any British road...).

That'll be a Bowden Cable on the Window Regulator. Usually clipped down using Fir Tree fixings.

Reactions: DrEskimo

Yip, that sounds like my issue! Only on rough roads or when the music is at a certain level!

Only rattle from the passenger side on my 2017 S5 is when the seatbelt clip is too low and rattles against the B pillar.
Quick lean over and pull it up fixes it until someone readjusts it.

Reactions: Liddo
I had a rattle from my drivers door. It was coming from the matte plastic section closest to the dash when the door is closed. I took the door card off and removed that part. I then added some fabric tape to all the surfaces that mate up and that seems to have cured it.

Reactions: Liddo
Update:
I'd had enough of the rattle so booked it in, and today I pick up my rattle free S5! :D

There was a loose nut on the window regulator! The Germans arent so great after all ;)

LOVE my car now, seems smoother

Reactions: V6 Quatt