I like this one also but doesn't have tech pack

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Ok fair point. What about this then

Think about the money you'll be spending to black style it

Reactions: Buxton2901
I like this one also but doesn't have tech pack

I’ve had 3 c7/7.5 of various spec and wouldn’t buy one without the tech pack. That tiny screen looks like it’s from the 90s and no colour DIS.
I would say minimum spec will be black edition with tech pack. ACC and air suspension will be a big bonus if you can find one.
Also not a big fan of the c8. It’s a lot heavier and the 286 is definitely slower than the older 272 let alone the 320 bitdi. Think the bitdi is faster than the current diesel s6. You just get newer tech.

I’ve had 3 c7/7.5 of various spec and wouldn’t buy one without the tech pack. That tiny screen looks like it’s from the 90s and no colour DIS.
I would say minimum spec will be black edition with tech pack. ACC and air suspension will be a big bonus if you can find one.
Also not a big fan of the c8. It’s a lot heavier and the 286 is definitely slower than the older 272 let alone the 320 bitdi. Think the bitdi is faster than the current diesel s6. You just get newer tech.
I know what your saying and I love the c7.5 just feel it's getting a little dated now and I'll be keeping this car for likely 5 years ish so would like something a little more modern

As above as well, the BiTdi is the equivalent of the new S6.

From AT specs, the C8 S6 Avant 0-60 is 5.1sec Vs BiTdi C7.5 at 5.2sec

Maybe have a look at an E400d, but I think it would be quite a stretch of the existing budget... Then the other options are E350d or petrol, maybe even the E43 AMG.

How could you lol
I have looked a c43's but i think a little small tbh to me with 2 labs going in the boot

How could you lol
I have looked a c43's but i think a little small tbh to me with 2 labs going in the boot

It's showing 640l boot capacity with the seats up

Glad to hear you got it sorted mate in the end.

Yeah they are paying the fuel and train money so just 10 hours of my time wasted but worth it to dodge a bullet and yes car shopping again. Thinking I'd going back to a newer 2018ish Bitdi. I know those engines and prefer the 8 speed ZF over the s tronic

Cheers mate it's been a stressful week.

Looking at S4 avants again and c7.5 bitdis

Second hand car prices are through the roof at the moment. Get a cheap run around till the bubble bursts.

Reactions: NevMan
Sorry to hear the S6 fun was short lived, but glad you’ve got yourself out of it! Cash back in the bank I hope!

Good luck with the next one.

Yeah refund due in bank next couple of days. Almost agreed a price on an A6 c8 3.0tdi.
In hindsight, S6 was probably a step too far in running costs etc also the traffic around where I live means I wasn't able to use the 450horses very often.
Also interior in the c7.5 was looking dated where the c8 is next level modern so I'm happy to be honest

Reactions: NevMan
Yeah refund due in bank next couple of days. Almost agreed a price on an A6 c8 3.0tdi.
In hindsight, S6 was probably a step too far in running costs etc also the traffic around where I live means I wasn't able to use the 450horses very often.
Also interior in the c7.5 was looking dated where the c8 is next level modern so I'm happy to be honest

All’s well that ends well, here’s hoping the C8 is a good ‘un

Both mate. They test drove it and confirmed the symptoms I had described. They know these s tronic boxes inside out and knew the issue straight away

HI Buxton, sorry to hear about your issues and glad you got your refund. I'm having similar issues with my old A3's S tronic and Audi dealer have told me it's normal which it clearly cant be. Could you tell me where you took your car for the Diag? would like to get mine to someone who knows what they're looking at. Hopefully its not too far from me!