S6 starting issue (ignition?)

4ringman

Reaction score
Yesterday something went wrong with my S6 (2010, 2.8 L). First, the CEL came on. I was driving, so decided that will check it sometime later. Then stopped at the parking, and left it for like 30 minutes in the parking lot. Returned, started the engine and noticed misfiring! The CEL appeared as soon as the ignition was on. I thought that these are the plugs, so came home and inspected the spark plugs. Yet nothing seems to be dirty or oily... And this morning went to take my car and it won't start. Assuming that the spark plugs, battery and starter are good (these I know for sure, and as for the plugs - I assume accoring to the visual inspection I did), what else should I check at this point?

Hi and thanks for replying, man. Hell I know how sophisticated it is... so yesterday went to a friend of mine who has got that OBDII code reader. And it showed ignition coil failure. So I went ahead and ordered a set of new coils and brand-new coil boots, as I've read that these guys also should be replaced.

Also I discovered, that the coils for 2.8 L are different in the S6 and S6 Quattro (https://www.carid.com/coil-boots/), and the part number for the coils in the non-Quattro model (that's mine) is 06E905115B. Will leave it here just in case someone needs it. Cheers...

You know your 2.8 is a C6 (chassis type) not an S6 which is a specific model - you might want to edit the title if you want more people to reply..

:)