S6 V10 Misfire

5Phil3

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had a search, but couldn't find anything previously.

I currently have an issue on my V10 with a misfire on cylinder 8. It seems to get a bit better once the engine has warmed up.
The engine has just had a complete carbon clean, fuel injectors cleaned, fuel regulator replaced, spark plugs and coil pack replaced. The garage has tried moving coil packs and fuel injectors around. Even swapped the bank but the issue remains steadfastly on cylinder 8. Compression is all good and the same on every cylinder.
We just cannot get the misfire to go and cannot think of anything else that could be causing it?

May be of some help having a read through these posts (Dont have a V10, so cant help you from experience)

Here

Reactions: 5Phil3
Did you fit temp wiring from injector to ecu to bypass existing.

Thanks for your replies.

Just a little update on this in case anyone in the future comes across similar. It seems it was just the ECU having a little fit at the half job flat delete that had previously been done. Once the engine gets fully up to temperature it runs 100%, so just needs a proper remap to do a full flap delete. Happy days.

Thanks for your replies.

Just a little update on this in case anyone in the future comes across similar. It seems it was just the ECU having a little fit at the half job flat delete that had previously been done. Once the engine gets fully up to temperature it runs 100%, so just needs a proper remap to do a full flap delete. Happy days.
I have been having a similar issue on 2007 S6. Full carbon clean, replaced injectors and still having misfire issues that the garage can't seem to diagnose. I am thinking of having another garage look at it and was wondering if you had any recommendations for garages in the area (I'm based in St. Albans) to work on this kind of car. Feel free to direct message me if that's easier.

I have been having a similar issue on 2007 S6. Full carbon clean, replaced injectors and still having misfire issues that the garage can't seem to diagnose. I am thinking of having another garage look at it and was wondering if you had any recommendations for garages in the area (I'm based in St. Albans) to work on this kind of car. Feel free to direct message me if that's easier.

I have been using Turners in Apsley and cannot fault them. Elliot (the mechanic) also has a C6 A6 bi-turbo. Any issues give them a shout