Saab red injectors

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
Seems to be a bit of variation, some sites say 346, some say 350 and some say 360.

How much power are you wanting?

People not knowing what they are talking about is at fault here unfortunately.

"saab red top injectors" could be ANY injectors from a 9000 turbo, they were all red banded Bosch injectors.

9000 2.3T Aero/234R T5.2 management engines had the 346CC (@ 3 bar) injectors you have found.

They are man enough for your application IMO with a 4bar FPR, however as possible upgrades to save the pump...

Bosch 0 280 150 431 were standard fitment for t5.5 management cars equating to 359cc/min, @3.0 bar. These are usually referred to as "red top" injectors, but people who don't know what they are looking at refer to the smaller injectors as red tops too.

As a further upgrade from there you can go for

Bosch -968 “Green Giants”
465 cc/min @ 3.8 bar fuel pressure.
413 cc/min @ 3.0 bar fuel pressure.

That's just down the Saab route, before I got into Audi's my interest was in big power Saabs so I know what I am talking about.

The other route is Vauxhall OE fitment injectors, but tbh the Saab fitment injectors are a bit better.

This is a CRACKING read for people who haven't got a clue about injectors...Tuning the LET - Fuelling

359cc at 3bar is pushing things a little bit for 290hp IMO.

4bar regulator would fix it, but i dont really like the idea of pushing the fuel pressure that high (when on boost your fuel pressure rises by the boost pressure, so you could end up over 5.5bar of fuel pressure at full boost which is plain silly)

Is there any other injectors that would be better for my setup that would fit.
Are the injectors i need ev1 fitment?

Use the internet to do your research on injectors because there is more to it than size and fitment, the Saab injectors are the tried and tested method, but you will get all the info you need from various build threads and other sites. I've discovered that Google is the most valuable learning tool you will ever have in your life if you use it properly.

Yes EV1 is the fitment you need if keeping the AGU manifold.